Misdemeanor help

VanFanel

Hi all,

A year ago I was charged with a Misdemeanor which I believe is not of a Moral Turpitude nature (PC 484a [California] petty theft, but hey we all do our crazy stuff). At the time I was 18 years old (tough luck eh?).

At the courts I pleaded No contest and was given a fine and 2 years worth of probation, which will be dismissed in a couple of weeks once I am done with my 10 day work forlough program (I did 3 days last year since it was a part of the sentance - that or sit in jail...). Also, once I get the probation off, I am going to apply for PC 1203.4 petition, which means my conviction is "set-aside".

My father is applying for a Green Card trough his employment and so I am piggybacking on him to get the green card so I can stay here and finish my studies and live here. Currently my dad is filing I-140, so we have a while till I-485 comes around, but once it comes around, I must disclose that I have beeing charged and cited.

Now, since it is a misdemeanor - a minor one according to the law, and since it is not of a moral turpitude nature, and since I have the "conviction set aisde" part done - what are my chances of getting denied, and what should I do?

Thanks for the help :)