Minor PIO child ...

mnsweeps

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for OCI for my PIO minor child....Just a notarized copy of her PIO card is enough right ( in duplicate)..I mean I dont have to send copies of my Indian pasport as she has already gotten the PIO card and has already established her Indian links....Thanks

mnsweeps said:
I am applying for OCI for my PIO minor child....Just a notarized copy of her PIO card is enough right ( in duplicate)..I mean I dont have to send copies of my Indian pasport as she has already gotten the PIO card and has already established her Indian links....Thanks

For my minor kids (one 5 yr old who could sign his name and another 2.5 yrs old whose thumbprint was taken), I send the following

- US passport 2 copies (1st page self-attested by me on son's behalf)
(copy of first 2 and last 2 pages only)

- My Indian passport (latest) - 2 copies
(1st page self-attested by me)

- My spouse's Indian passport (latest) - 2 copies
(1st page self-attested by my spouse)

- PIO card - 1st copy notarized
- 2nd copy was the copy of the first notarized copy

- Birth Certificate - 2 copies (self-attested by me on my son's behalf)

- Photos (1 attached to Part A form - each)(2 other photos attached
with each application)

The folks at OCI will send back the remaining photos if they don't need it.
(based on my experience)

Hope this helps..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Desai for the notes...so out of the total 6 photos I have to paste 1 each on the duplicate forms and just mail the other 2 with each , right ?

also did you mail a self addresses envelope for the return? The SFO consulate where I will be applying DOES NOT mention it but the DC consulate mentions a self addresses envelope to be mailed alongwith..did u ?

mnsweeps said:
Thanks Desai for the notes...so out of the total 6 photos I have to paste 1 each on the duplicate forms and just mail the other 2 with each , right ?

also did you mail a self addresses envelope for the return? The SFO consulate where I will be applying DOES NOT mention it but the DC consulate mentions a self addresses envelope to be mailed alongwith..did u ?

1. yes correct for the photos

2. No. I just replied this on another thread which you posted.
Just pay the extra $15 charges now along with OCI fees.
The SFO folks will mail using their own envelope and 2nd day air
shipment.

Hi,

Can you please let me know if for a PIO card holder, do we need to send all the documents like copy of passport, copies of parents indian passport , birthcertificate etc.

Or

a notarized copies of PIO card enough?

Thanks

ravinca06 said:
Hi,

Can you please let me know if for a PIO card holder, do we need to send all the documents like copy of passport, copies of parents indian passport , birthcertificate etc.

Or

a notarized copies of PIO card enough?

Thanks

Both the Kids stated above in my earlier post had PIO.

rgdless, I send everything. I don't think just because you are PIO card holder, you
don't need to send copies of your parent's Indian passports and other related documents. Just follow the standard protocol in terms of required documents rather than assuming anything at all. Not sending copies **might** only delay your applications.

Hi All,

I am applying OCI for my PIO son, when I applied PIO for my son, I was an Indian citizen, but now I am a US citizen and my wife is still a Indian citizen, I also have a OCI myself, should I send my OCI documents for parents Indian roots proof when I apply for my Son's OCI.
Thanks in advance for all the help.
D

Yes. To show their eligiblity, you have to send copies of your current passport, copies of your OCI, and if you still have them, copies of your cancelled indian passport.