Minnesota Asylum seeker Advanced parole

TBK

Hello all, I would appreciate all informative answer ! I’ve been waiting for my asylum interview decision from Aug 2018, below is the timeline. Landed on F1 - student visa in dec 2014 Filled asylum petition I 589 in dec 2015 Interviewed asylum case in aug 2018. Little background: I am an aviation engineer located in MN, my employer and the nature of my work required me to travel domestic & overseas: Europe, U.K, Singapore (not in COP) I still have my F1 visa valid and would like to apply for AP advanced parole any suggestions or someone would like to share experience subject to matter please. Thanks

Hello all, I would appreciate all informative answer ! I’ve been waiting for my asylum interview decision from Aug 2018, below is the timeline. Landed on F1 - student visa in dec 2014 Filled asylum petition I 589 in dec 2015 Interviewed asylum case in aug 2018. Little background: I am an aviation engineer located in MN, my employer and the nature of my work required me to travel domestic & overseas: Europe, U.K, Singapore (not in COP) I still have my F1 visa valid and would like to apply for AP advanced parole any suggestions or someone would like to share experience subject to matter please. Thanks
Let me get this straight:

A. You came in with a F1 Student visa.
B. You applied for asylum after one year
C. You now work full time, I suppose based on work permit from B above.

Assumption 1: You are not going to school, or at least I assume that's the case. If that is is the case, your F1 student status is now invalid, you will have to rely on your asylum process to enter the US if you leave. On the other hand, if you are still going to school, and your university can still supply you with an I-20, verifying your school attendance, then there is no need for you to apply for advance parole...if your F1 visa hasn't expired. You can still use your F1 visa to enter the USA. If your F1 has expired, you can't leave the US since you will be required to go back to your country to apply for the F1 visa again, I'm sure you don't want to do that since that would invalidate your asylum application. Caution: F1 visa is a non-immgrant visa. When you apply for this visa, it is your intention that you don't intend to settle permanently in the USA. Even if this visa is valid, I don't know what the CP officers will think when they see that you applied for asylum.

Assumption 2: You have abandoned your F1 status completely. In that case, you need to apply for advance parole. Asylees with pending applications are required to apply for that I think. I don't know if you are eligible, but you would have to check the requirements.

It is very tricky to mix immigrant visas with non-immigrant visas when trying to enter the US. Its a different matter if its about staying here.

Good luck!

Reactions: TBK
Firstly Thanks for your response contains detail information,
I knew that F1 visa is invalid when I am done with the school; what I all meant to mention that does this help with the Advanced parole for entry.
Secondly I am only on asylum right now and working on regular asylum work permit.
Thanks

Let me get this straight:

A. You came in with a F1 Student visa.
B. You applied for asylum after one year
C. You now work full time, I suppose based on work permit from B above.

Assumption 1: You are not going to school, or at least I assume that's the case. If that is is the case, your F1 student status is now invalid, you will have to rely on your asylum process to enter the US if you leave. On the other hand, if you are still going to school, and your university can still supply you with an I-20, verifying your school attendance, then there is no need for you to apply for advance parole...if your F1 visa hasn't expired. You can still use your F1 visa to enter the USA. If your F1 has expired, you can't leave the US since you will be required to go back to your country to apply for the F1 visa again, I'm sure you don't want to do that since that would invalidate your asylum application. Caution: F1 visa is a non-immgrant visa. When you apply for this visa, it is your intention that you don't intend to settle permanently in the USA. Even if this visa is valid, I don't know what the CP officers will think when they see that you applied for asylum.

Assumption 2: You have abandoned your F1 status completely. In that case, you need to apply for advance parole. Asylees with pending applications are required to apply for that I think. I don't know if you are eligible, but you would have to check the requirements.

It is very tricky to mix immigrant visas with non-immigrant visas when trying to enter the US. Its a different matter if its about staying here.

Good luck!
Firstly Thanks for your response contains detail information,
I knew that F1 visa is invalid when I am done with the school; what I all meant to mention that does this help with the Advanced parole for entry.
Secondly I am only on asylum right now and working on regular asylum work permit.
Thanks

Then indeed your F1 visa is neither valid nor relevant and you will need AP.
Thanks. Quick question if you know about this: what if a person traveling on parole and during his/her duration of stay, decision dint came out in favor like refer to Immigration Court, does he/she still can enter against parole.