Minneapolis DO is extremely fast in processing N-400

ISN

Registered Users (C)
I cannot believe that I received my interview letter yesterday (03/12/2007); It has been only 35 days since I filed my N-400 application.

Wow .... well done !!!!! Maybe I should move up there .... no, on second thoughts, I prefer the winters down here in South Texas.

Good luck with the interview/oath.

That's great! Can you please share with us what all additional items you sent along with your N-400 application e.g. cover letter, any photocopies and such? Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Sammy

I hope this trend spreads to other DOs. It is very unfair to the people who have been waiting with PDs of 2006 and still haven't got interview letters.

Congratulations ISN, send some USCIS people from Minneapolis DO over to Washington DC DO, we badly need here help to speed things up.

Good luck to you.

That's great! Can you please share with us what all additional items you sent along with your N-400 application e.g. cover letter, any photocopies and such? Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Sammy

I sent the following items with the application

1. Green card photo copy
2. Letter from Selective Service

so far so good...

From experiences othe rpeople post - name check seems to be the bottle neck - that should be the same all over the US or is it done by the field offices?

Anyhow, MSP seems quite fast and the IOs here seem to be generally nice and helpful. It seems to take 4.5-5 months from application filing to oath based on our experience. My wife filed with me and had her oath end of Feb.

Inital app RD - 10/17/06
Returned app - did not find record of PR - 10/25/06
Resubmit app with GC copy - 10/28/06
PD - 11/06/06
FP - 11/24/06
interview notice date 12/04/06
ID - 1/25/07 - approved
OD - 4/11/07

There has to

Wow .... well done !!!!! Maybe I should move up there .... no, on second thoughts, I prefer the winters down here in South Texas.

Good luck with the interview/oath.

I think during the winter the D.O officers hibernate, so they are forced to complete their work since they are inside for most part of the day. I love Texas maybe I should plan to move their after my citizenship.