Minister Community Affairs E/I Washington- Tri-Valley University issue -Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

kart2010

Dear Student,

This is further to our email of February 9, 2011.

The Hon’ble External Affairs Minister of India, Mr. S.M. Krishna, has spoken to US Secretary of State, Ms. Hillary Clinton on February 13, 2011 and raised the plight of the Indian students of the Tri-Valley University. The Hon’ble Minister requested Secretary Clinton to intervene in protecting the interests of the students and their futures and also suggesting the possibility of the students being absorbed in other US universities.

Following this conversation, the Ambassador of India, on February 14, conveyed to the Secretary of State the details regarding the issue of the students.

We will keep you informed of further developments in this regard.

With regards,

Minister (Community Affairs)
Embassy of India
2107 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington DC 20008

Hey Jo1234,

The Universities in USA has led the formation of such companies, let the universities close in US giving such work authorization, the companies will close by themselves...

Well, from their "About" page:
Bluechip Services International was established in 1999 a government approved and licensed professionally managed human resource consultants with the main objective to provide permanent, temporary and contract recruitment, employee assessment and training to leading Indian and International companies. Our candidates are placed at 10 worldwide locations, countries besides India, Bluechip placed candidates include Malaysia, Kuwait, U.A.E, Qatar, Australia, Europe, UK, New Zealand, USA, Saudi Arabia, Srilanka and Canada.

In the year of 2005, understanding the tremendous interest of the students community in India in higher education abroad and most importantly the keen interest of Universities and other educational Institutions for foreign students, expansions and tie-ups, we took a collective decision to diversify our business, actively into providing Higher Educational services too.
So, my guess is that the Indian government could (and should) revoke any license they gave this company (and similar ones who are propagating the CPT from day one fraud.)

I guess Jo...its better that US govt should terminate all the SEVIS of such universities who are in link with this type of companies....and have concrete terms for CPT atleast their would not be another TRI-VALLEY in future...UNDERSTAND- if one agencies is shut -down two more will open...but if US govt acts strict with its policy and makes regular checks with university DSO's , the issue can be addressed lot further....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A solution is better appreciated than explanation of problem"

There ARE concrete terms for CPT.
1. CPT is for work as part of an established curriculum ONLY.
2. There are also concrete terms for the F1. Only one class/3 credits can be online.
Both these things are in the law.
Putting these two things together, and looking at the TVU website should have told everybody that something is fishy with TVU.

And of course, it always takes two to tango. The fake US institutions wouldn't exist if people wouldn't switch their brains off when they see the magic letters U, S, and A.
Do your homework, and you won't fall for these frauds...

Now, there may well be some people who really thought they would get an education at TVU. These are the people that should get help. But the people who worked at 7-Eleven, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fraud is universal - it is clear that TVU defrauded US government and foreign students. And there are Indian "Educational Consultants" who peddle universities like TVU to gullible and complicit Indian students. Fault also lies with students with the blind ambition to get into US by hook or crook.

Well, from their "About" page:

So, my guess is that the Indian government could (and should) revoke any license they gave this company (and similar ones who are propagating the CPT from day one fraud.)

Just saw this post .... Funny, this Jo1234 ( from his posts look like he is one of the old timer who was banned from this forum and now using a different handle ) want Indian Government to close down a business in days while the US Government took years to investigate and close down TVU (and other such schools are still continuing business) !!
Clean your own backyard buddy rather than poking your nose in other countries matter

Just saw this post .... Funny this Jo1234 ( from his posts look like he is one of the old timer who was banned from this forum and now using a different handle ) want Indian Government to close down a business in days while the US Government took years to investigate and close down TVU (and other such schools are still continuing business) !!
Clean your own backyard buddy rather than poking your nose in other countries matter
You know, I could throw this right back to you: don't complain when the US does clean up...

They might want to clean house in India first...
As long as such companies can still advertise their fraud, the Indian government doesn't really have much standing on the TVU issue...

So in your words --- As long as ICE allows such fraud institutes to continue their business, they do not have much standing on arresting TVU students .......

You know, I could throw this right back to you: don't complain when the US does clean up...

Sure .... did anybody complain when US closed TVU ??? The problem is --- US allows these fraud insitutes to run for a very long time before they close down. And you expect other Governments to clean your mess

Sure .... did anybody complain when US closed TVU ??? The problem is --- US allows these fraud insitutes to run for a very long time before they close down. And you expect other Governments to clean your mess
No, I don't expect other governments to clean up any mess in the US. I just don't like it when people complain once the US cleans up its mess...
It is like damned if they do, damned if they don't...

And they didn't, until they shut down TVU...

There are several other still operating ... so ICE still does not much standing.

Do you mean they will just let a fraud to continue for years, then after the scamster has made his/her money close the game (while others are still playing in field) and arrest the victims ?? And then you will come up shouting why another country's government did not close a shop which was sending those victims ignoring the fact that it was your country's government who was (and still is for similar institutes) issueing F1 to those people !

No, I don't expect other governments to clean up any mess in the US. I just don't like it when people complain once the US cleans up its mess...
It is like damned if they do, damned if they don't...

Why allow such institutes to run for years ? Nobody complained why US closed down TVU. People complained why students of TVU are being treated like criminals (see Rajiv's blog). Did they violate some law --- Maybe. But that is for court to decide ... innocent till proven guilty.

Why allow such institutes to run for years ? Nobody complained why US closed down TVU. People complained why students of TVU are being treated like criminals (see Rajiv's blog). Did they violate some law --- Maybe. But that is for court to decide ... innocent till proven guilty.
Unfortunately, with the immigration law, it is guilty until proven innocent...
And there actually is some stuff in the immigration law that can make people retroactively guilty.

Unfortunately, with the immigration law, it is guilty until proven innocent...
And there actually is some stuff in the immigration law that can make people retroactively guilty.

If you want to follow immigration law , that is civil law. Why use the criminal methods ? Further, the quote I used ( innocent till proven guilty) is from Rajiv's blog. Sure an immigration attorney knows what he is writing .

I have seen you becoming very vocal against TVU students (in this and other forums) but I am yet to see your same strong voice against those who allowed this to go unmonitored ... for years . Why ?

If you want to follow immigration law , that is civil law. Why use the criminal methods ? Further, the quote I used ( innocent till proven guilty) is from Rajiv's blog. Sure an immigration attorney knows what he is writing .
To give you an example: an alien is assumed to have immigration intent, unless and until the alien can convince the officer at the POE otherwise. INA 101.

I have seen you becoming very vocal against TVU students (in this and other forums) but I am yet to see your same strong voice against those who allowed this to go unmonitored ... for years . Why ?
Then you haven't followed my posts.
Read the infamous, very long (24-pages) thread on trackitt.
And, btw, it is not per se illegal for an institution to offer online classes. It is illegal for a foreign student on F1 to do online-only classes. People on H4 who signed up with TVU and didn't go on F1 didn't have any issues (other than wasting money on a non-accredited institution, but that's a different story.) You can study just fine on H4, you can even do online-only classes on H4.
So, if TVU hadn't misrepresented things to SEVP, and hadn't allowed students on F1 to take online-only classes, ICE wouldn't have had any legal way to shut down TVU. That's what their sting operation was about: to get enough evidence to be able to shut TVU down and to have that hold up in a court of law.
ICE got first information about TVU possibly violating the law in 2009, according to their documents. But they can't do anything until they have evidence that holds up in a court of law. They couldn't even warn people, because if they didn't have enough evidence, TVU could have sued them for slander and libel, harming their business.
I did warn people, but I also only could do that as my personal opinion, which is covered by freedom of speech. Or would you have contributed to a defense fund for me if I would have gotten sued by TVU? (Ms. Su, btw, threatened to sue me, in the trackitt thread.) So, I was walking a very fine line, and with every post, I had to make sure that I don't claim things I don't have enough information about. It can be seen nicely in the trackitt thread that as the information trickled in, I became bolder in my assertions.

To give you an example: an alien is assumed to have immigration intent, unless and until the alien can convince the officer at the POE otherwise. INA 101.

Then you haven't followed my posts.
Read the infamous, very long (24-pages) thread on trackitt.
And, btw, it is not per se illegal for an institution to offer online classes. It is illegal for a foreign student on F1 to do online-only classes. People on H4 who signed up with TVU and didn't go on F1 didn't have any issues (other than wasting money on a non-accredited institution, but that's a different story.) You can study just fine on H4, you can even do online-only classes on H4.
So, if TVU hadn't misrepresented things to SEVP, and hadn't allowed students on F1 to take online-only classes, ICE wouldn't have had any legal way to shut down TVU. That's what their sting operation was about: to get enough evidence to be able to shut TVU down and to have that hold up in a court of law.
ICE got first information about TVU possibly violating the law in 2009, according to their documents. But they can't do anything until they have evidence that holds up in a court of law. They couldn't even warn people, because if they didn't have enough evidence, TVU could have sued them for slander and libel, harming their business.
I did warn people, but I also only could do that as my personal opinion, which is covered by freedom of speech. Or would you have contributed to a defense fund for me if I would have gotten sued by TVU? (Ms. Su, btw, threatened to sue me, in the trackitt thread.) So, I was walking a very fine line, and with every post, I had to make sure that I don't claim things I don't have enough information about. It can be seen nicely in the trackitt thread that as the information trickled in, I became bolder in my assertions.

1) At any given point, I would take words of an Immigration Attorney rather than a layman .

2) I truly have not followed All your posts but saw some. I would be eager to know if you have indeed raised your voice against CIS and ICE and asked for due process against the officials who let it go unmonitored ... for years. Can you post a link ?

3) YOU have admitted that ICE took around 2 years to investigate and close this institute . And YOU are the one who have said many times, as adult TVU students should own up the responsibility for their action. Now, YOU are the one who , instead of owning up the failure of your OWN government agency , is trying to pass the buck to Indian Government, students of TVU and everybody else , EXCEPT for the officials whose duty was to monitor this.

4) YOU have admitted that ICE took 2 years to close this institute. There are also other institutes , some probably older than TVU , for which ICE have not been able to do a thing till now. And in the same breath, you expect Indian Government to close down a company which is sending students to US on VALID Visa issued by US Government . Now tell me, under which law Indian Government should close this company ? And does only ICE need evidence and not an Indian Agency ?

1) At any given point, I would take words of an Immigration Attorney rather than a layman .
Fair point. Ask him about it. An alien is presumed to be an immigrant until the alien can convince the officer at the POE that he or she isn't.

2) I truly have not followed All your posts but saw some. I would be eager to know if you have indeed raised your voice against CIS and ICE and asked for due process against the officials who let it go unmonitored ... for years. Can you post a link ?
Hmm, please do not put words in my mouth. I have indeed bemoaned the fact that ICE let frauds like TVU (and others) go on for so long. This has nothing to do with USCIS. ICE handles SEVIS, not CIS. And ICE, according to their court filing, hasn't let TVU go unmonitored. They collected evidence. And they had put a flag in the system last summer so that visas would get denied and people would get denied entry. And that has happened. People had their visas for TVU denied, and people got denied entry last summer.

[QUOTE[3) YOU have admitted that ICE took around 2 years to investigate and close this institute . And YOU are the one who have said many times, as adult TVU students should own up the responsibility for their action. Now, YOU are the one who , instead of owning up the failure of your OWN government agency , is trying to pass the buck to Indian Government, students of TVU and everybody else , EXCEPT for the officials whose duty was to monitor this.[/QUOTE]
Bull.
The US government has investigated. And I used common sense. If you don't know what common sense is, and you don't get that a "university" that can't even write correct English sentences on their website may not be the right place to get an education, then I can't help you, then you would certainly not be university material, much less masters degree material.

4) YOU have admitted that ICE took 2 years to close this institute. There are also other institutes , some probably older than TVU , for which ICE have not been able to do a thing till now. And in the same breath, you expect Indian Government to close down a company which is sending students to US on VALID Visa issued by US Government . Now tell me, under which law Indian Government should close this company ? And does only ICE need evidence and not an Indian Agency ?
Again, don't post BS, and don't put words into my mouth that I NEVER said.
I said that instead of complaining about the US operation, the Indian government should investigate the fraud participants on their side. It always takes two to tango.

Again, I won't discuss anything anymore with you unless you stop putting words into my mouth. I am sick of people who twist my words for their own agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.