Minimum Requirements for I-485/EAD/AP

ram1980

Hi,

Can someone tell me what are the minimum documents/requirements that needs to be submitted to USCIS to consider the forms are complete?

I have submitted

I-485
1) I-485 signed
2) Birth certificate.
3) Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa.
4) Photos.
5) Medical examination.
6) G-325
7) copy of your Form I-94
8) Employment Letter.

I-131
1) Form signed
2) Photos

I-765
1) Form signed
2) Photos

I have not submitted G-28 when I submitted above documentation. Does above documentation qualify as basic requirements for the submission or am I missing any other documentation?

Any feedback is appreciated.

If you did the paperwork by yourself, then you would not need the G-28 form. If your attorney is filing on your behalf then you will need it.

Here is the list that I had when I filed:
I-485 Application form
I-765 EAD Application form
I-131 Advanced Parole Application form
G-28 Attorney representation form
G-325A Biographic Information Sheet
I-693 Medican Examination form ( Need this to be in a sealed envolope from a USCIS certified Civil Surgeon)
Birth Certificate
Copy of Entire Passport
6 Passport size Photographs (2 for 485, 2 for EAD and 2 for AP)
I-94 Both sides
3 years of W2s and Tax Returns
Copy of I-797 approval for I-140
Copy of Approved Labor Certificate
Copy of Approved I-140
Copy of Degree Certificate (Masters and BS)
Copies of most recent paystubs (If filing with the same employer, who did your LC and 140)
Copy of I-797 for current and previous H1Bs

You dont need G-28 if you chose to file by yourself.
Some attorneys dont require LC, Degree Certificates, PayStubs.
If you are filing by yourself, you might need to provide Financial statements of your company upon on RFE, if needed. Attorneys usually include this in the packet they send.

Hi there :

I am not sure if I am posting this question in right thread or not.
My attorney (Dumbest creature on this earth) filed my I-485 (AOS) application on 30th June, 07 recd. on 2nd July at 10.45 am. I was under this impression that all 3 stages 485/765/131 were filed along to uscis.. but I was wrong. My attorney only applied for 485 saying that they were very busy and will file for 765 and 131 (EAD and AP) after we get 485 adjudicated.. BS..

Anyways.. My question is.. since 485 was mailed out via attorney's office, can I go ahead and apply for 765 and 131 on my own, bypassing attorney's effort or am I stuck with them to wait for their mood-swings to go ahead and file my papers. The deadline with old fees application is 30th July as per the news bulletin. I dont want to waste time for 485 to get adju. and then file for 765/131.

Please advise me about this situation. Also I don't have any proof of 485 application being submitted. I only have tracking number of Fedex that the application was delivered on 2nd July. GOSHH.. pls. advise me.

Thanks
Stuck in indy

You need to treat each application as its own entity even if you mail everything in one package.

So enclose a copy of one clear photo ID (passport or driver's license) with each of your I-131 and I-764 applications. Also a good idea to enclose a copy of both sides of I-94 with each. Lastly, I-131 requires a statement requesting the AP and reasons why (see the application), don't forget to write that statement.