Middle Name

rk12345

Registered Users (C)
Hi All, Did anybody get an RFE for middle name? My name is very long and I used to provide only one initial for the middle name including all my prior H1s and visas. But passport bears the full name. Do you guys see any chance of RFE?

RD: 08/01

How about contacting your Attorney?

I have 2 first names. What I had been doing is use the second first name as the middle initial along with my middle initial but some of them has only 1 character middile initial and at that place they had been using my second first name init as the middle initial and rest everywhere they use 2 middle initials.
Anyway if you think there would be an RFE for this reason could you please let me also know about it.

Thanks.

No Title

zoomonweb, No jokes please...

vp_vsc, I am not sure if the the middle name issue will raise an RFE. But for our protection, in the high security world, I think name on GC should completely match the one on passport including full middle name. Do you know if we can send a correction to INS with full expansion of name. Do you know if anybody has done that?

rk12345 hope helps... this is from murthy.com

6. INS Needs Complete Middle Name Immediately

We received information on April 3, 2002 that the INS now needs complete middle names, not just initials, on all petitions and submissions. The reason for this requirement is that all filings at the INS Service Centers and District Offices are now subjected to a name check screening process through various databases at the point of final decision. Since this requirement is effective immediately, it is important to provide INS the most accurate and complete information, to avoid delays in processing a petition or application.

Failure to list a complete middle name may delay processing significantly and result in a Request for Evidence for the missing information. As many of our MURTHYBULLETIN readers know, most immigration forms only contain spaces for first name, last name and middle initial, while a few contain a space for the middle name. The space for the middle name on the forms is very limited.

INS did not address the issue of individuals with more than a three-part name (first, middle, last). Nor did INS address the issue of those countries where the person has no middle name at all. As it is common throughout the world to have names that take different formats, further guidance from INS may be forthcoming. In the interim, some forms contain a space for "other names used," allowing the individual to list out his or her complete name in its proper order. Where it is impossible to fit one\'s name into the space provided on the forms, it may be best to attach a separate piece of paper containing the complete information. While the INS may possibly disregard the attachment, this course of action is probably the best option until INS provides more specific instructions.

© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C.

---------------

the news about middle name is true

but we should wait till we get an RFE...because without RFE , it may be hard to track your case