Middle Intial spelled wrong in I-485 receipt.

chijan

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My middle Intial is spelled wrong in my I-485/I-765 receipts. Does INS issue new receipt with correction or they just correct it in its system.

Anybody with such typo error experience.

Thanks

Name mistake in I-485 Receipt

My first name was spelled wrong in my I-485 receipt and also in EAD.

Called the IIO, they asked me to write to them and send the copy of the birth certificate. Did the same and everything got changed. When I received the FP notice my names have been corrected.

I would suggest you to call the INS office first and tell them the mistake. If they are not chaning over the phone, most probably they would request you to send the Birth Certificate as I did.

Hope this helps you.

Hello,

Thanks for reply, Did they issue new receipt and EAD with your name correction? or just corrected in INS system?

Thanks for ur reply.

They didn't issue new receipt. They changed in the system alone.

EAD - They asked me to send the original one with along with the letter. But I didn't do it hence I was about to join the new employer.

I did my EAD renewal recently, alongwith it sent a request to change the name (attached the birth certificate). Received my receiptq

They didn't issue new receipt. They changed in their system alone.

EAD - They asked me to send the original one along with the letter. But I didn't do it hence I was about to join the new employer.

I did my EAD renewal recently, alongwith it sent a request to change the name
(attached the birth certificate). Received my receipt with name corrected. Its got approved and waiting to receive the EAD. I think they would have corrected.

questions

dwak_2000:

Did you writer the correction letter yourself or you have your attorney did it for you?

My first name was wrong in my 485, and so was the one in FP. Called IIO, they said my attorney could send them a letter. Then the attorney said INS will have to correct the mistake when they come to it since it is a mistake in the application form not INS's mistake.

Thanks

pcsowhat:

I have written the letter by myself & sent to INS by myself.

But when I called INS and talked to the IIO
(This was last year sometime in Dec '00) - They asked me to write a letter to them
and send the Birth Certificate as proof.

I would suggest you to write to them instead of wasting your time with your Attorney - Most
of the time Attorney's wont talk to us or talk some rubbish (This is my experience with
the Attorney)