MIAMI Timeline

zozo

Registered Users (C)
I just filed N400. I wanna know the timeline in Miami. It seems many are stuck with the name check for couple of months. Please response through this thread about your timeline if your DO is Miami. Thanks

06/01/05 - sent N400 to USCIS TSC
06/03/05 - N400 received by USCIS
06/22/05 - NOA is received in the mail
06/28/05 - received a notice for fingerprints appointment
07/23/05 - fingerprints are taken
07/26/05 - fingerprints are sent from FBI to USCIS
10/26/05 - received a notice for Naturalization interview
02/09/06 - Naturalization interview passed.

02/10/06 - 09/04/06 - a lot of hoping, waiting and listening to bull**** advices from immigration officers and lawayers

09/05/06 - faxed and e-mailed FOIPA request to FBI
09/06/06 - called FBI to inquire about status of name check and FP. Also, called the office of the congresswoman from my district. Scheduled second infopass for 09/19/06
09/07/06 - faxed and sent letters for assisstance to congresswoman's office
09/07/06 - also sent 4 letters to FBI directors David M.Hardy and William L.Hooton as well as USCIS Miami Drectors Elaine Watson and Linda Swacina.

That is really terrible to keep waiting and waiting. Are u planning to sue USCIS?

After the interview, did the officer mark "recommend for approval" or " pending for make decision" something like that ?

Right, it says something like "a decision can not yet be made" and he explained that my background check had not come back from FBI.

It's not common at all. I am Russian and never had any problems with the law, unless you count a speeding ticket as a criminal offense :confused:

my Miami timeline FYI

08-02-06 mailed N400 application
08-07-06 priority date
08-11-06 I-797C recevied with "missing evidence" comment
08-15-06 FP request notice issued
08-23-06 FP appointment (missed, not in town*)
09-09-06 FP taken at local ASC (no problems*)

* I called the 1-800 # and was told: "go there on a day & time when they are not too busy, but do so within a month of the scheduled date"

edgrapes said:
It's not common at all. I am Russian and never had any problems with the law, unless you count a speeding ticket as a criminal offense :confused:

I have no idea why it takes so long. My guess is that some other applicants who have the same name as you might have red flags on FBI file but i hope not. I think you might consider to take some legal action.

neverthere said:
08-02-06 mailed N400 application
08-07-06 priority date
08-11-06 I-797C recevied with "missing evidence" comment
08-15-06 FP request notice issued
08-23-06 FP appointment (missed, not in town*)
09-09-06 FP taken at local ASC (no problems*)

* I called the 1-800 # and was told: "go there on a day & time when they are not too busy, but do so within a month of the scheduled date"

HOw do you find out your priority date?

Recent Namecheck delays in Miami, 1447b, WOMs lawsuits

Guys!

Are there any developments related to N400 applications in Miami area? Please, do not hesitate to post your stories, timelines and pictures of gruesome CIS officers crying over the pile of lawsuits on South Beach. :D

edgrapes said:
Priority date is on your I-797C NOA

What does priority date mean?

Mine is Aug 24, FP Sept 28

By the way, what is your plan so far? You keep waiting......

zozo said:
What does priority date mean?
Priority date means the date when USCIS registered your application.

zozo said:
By the way, what is your plan so far? You keep waiting......
My plan is get prepared as much as I can and file the lawsuit as soon as I am ready.

I think you should take action asap. Keep us posted . Wish you good luck.
It seems not many ppl from Miami area.

zozo said:
I think you should take action asap. Keep us posted . Wish you good luck.
It seems not many ppl from Miami area.

I am working on my 1447b petition and will file as soon as I am comfortable with every aspect of every law highlighted there. Planning to file the lawsuit by the middle of October. Will keep you posted.