MIAMI PP Stamping experience - YASWANTH01

yaswanth01

Registered Users (C)
Guys

I received my courtesy copy yesterday and I got PP stamped today. Just want to share my experience, hoping that it would be useful to someone in this area.

I read miami stamping experiences from this board. Two guys posted that they reached INS at 4:00 AM and one guy posted that it was not necessary to reach INS that early ( he reached by 7:30 AM) and he was right. Just to be safe I went there by 6:15 AM. Parked my car ($10) in the parking lot, 1/2 a block from INS. All the areas around were empty at that time but all were TOW-AWAY ZONES. Did not want to take risk. Waited at the main entrance on 79th street (warned by the guys that it was not the right entrance but confused as there were people wating). 10 minutes later a security guy directed us to go to the other entrance which is at the back of the building, a small street parallel to 79th st. There were approx. 75 to 100 people waiting. Thought it would take forever. At 6:45 AM INS folks gave us tokens and surprise !!! there were only 15 people before me for GCard. rest of them were for other purposes. Gates were opened at 7:00 AM and reached the waiting area by 7:25 AM. Got stamped at 7:55 AM and was out by 8:00 AM. Overall the experience was good and was not bad at all.

Documents carried

1. I94
2. Passport
3. 2 Immigration photos (24 hrs walgreen as the studios were closed by 8:00 PM )
4. EAD.

The officer asked me for any travel documents I had and I said no. Actually, I forgot to take AP docs with me. He was very nice and courteous. He nodded and stamped. I asked the officer about my wife\'s stamping as she is in India currently and is expected here in about 3 months. He put a blank face initially, thought about it and said it should not be a problem and reasoned that there was no time limit to get stamped. I asked him whether it would be problem at the port of entry. He said it should not be. I thanked him and walked out.

Oh !!! finally the GC hassle is over. The stamp did not look fancy and I liked the H1B visa look alot. Hey, do not get me wrong, I did not like H1B at all.

Good luck to you guys. Hope to see your approvals soon.

Thank you and Good bye

Yaswanth01

Congratulations!!!!!

Yaswanth01:
Congratulations buddy!!!! Hey I also got my stamping done today in Detroit. It was piece of cake!! What a relief!!! ITS FINALLY OVVVVVERRRRRRR!!! We had the same ND and RD, got the RFE, got our approval and now got our PP stamped on the same day.Finally our journey is over....Good luck to you buddy!!!

Regards,
Yak&Yeti