Miami BCIS

vsiva23

Registered Users (C)
Today, I try to get Interim EAD at Miami office. After long waiting five hours out side and five hours inside. I able to meet the IIO officer. I though they are going to issue I-EAD Immediately. But they gave me appointment for May 08, 2003. But my current EAD is valid until tomorrow April 17, 03. I asked about his to IIO, but she mentioned, yes yes we knows about this. But we can't help you out.

Any suggestion more welcome?

Do I am able to continue my work? this is third time EAD

If not, how to show this break?

Please give your valiable input here.

just to be safe dont work without EAD or IEAD. People say its ok but is it worth it to risk smooth GC approval for a week or two weeks pay?

That's what I desided. But any body within the same boat, please share your points here.

Or

If any boday need current Miami BCIS procedure, feel free to ask me any time.

You should be safe

I had my EAD renewed before the expiration.
But I talked to IIO about 2 months back about the same potential problem. She said that for an EAD extension, we are able to continue work without any problem unless our emplyer mandates the EAD card any reason.
Most of thew employers do not need the card in hand and by rule (quoting IIO) you should be safe.

Does anyone have any updates on Miami office interim EAD procedure? How many steps does it take? How long the line is?

I'm in Miami myself, but is it possible to get a card at the West Palm Beach INS office (for there's a chance of making an appointment by phone)?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: