Miami AOS Interview Success !!!

JJBBKK

Registered Users (C)
My interview was scheduled for 8 am. Luckily for us we got there right at 8 :(( i was so nervous that i was sweating bullets becuase we were late and the guard at the gate will not let me bring my cell phone cause it has camera, so he said that i need to get rid of it, so i ran outside and placed it on a tree :)) we came in and placed our interview notice in a box and 15mins later were called in. The interviewer was a very strict, to the point kinda person. The most important thing is that we were not asked a SINGLE question during the whole interview, he only asked for our IDs, joint documents, AP and EAD, employement papers,birth certs and taxes. My "genious" lawyer was late and came when he was already stamping my passport (what a shame). The interviewer asked only one question about how long have we been married and also said that this interview will be very fast since the AC was not working and my pregnant wife cannot sit there long. So the whole interview took about 20 minutes. He then said congratulations, here is a stamp and your card should be coming in the mail within several weeks and that we will need to re-apply 90 days before expiration. He took my AP an EAD saying that this stamp now serves as a temporary Green Card and nothing to worry about when you travel and work.
For all that had similar situation: how long did you had to wait for the actual Green Card in the mail? Since we have to file papers 90 days before expiration since our marriage is less than 2 years, what happens if something happens to our marriage during that period??? Had anyone ever run into a situation like that??
Thank you and good luck to you ALL. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh and by the way, when we came out of the building my cell phone was still on that tree :))))

JJBBKK said:
My interview was scheduled for 8 am. Luckily for us we got there right at 8 :(( i was so nervous that i was sweating bullets becuase we were late and the guard at the gate will not let me bring my cell phone cause it has camera, so he said that i need to get rid of it, so i ran outside and placed it on a tree :)) we came in and placed our interview notice in a box and 15mins later were called in. The interviewer was a very strict, to the point kinda person. The most important thing is that we were not asked a SINGLE question during the whole interview, he only asked for our IDs, joint documents, AP and EAD, employement papers,birth certs and taxes. My "genious" lawyer was late and came when he was already stamping my passport (what a shame). The interviewer asked only one question about how long have we been married and also said that this interview will be very fast since the AC was not working and my pregnant wife cannot sit there long. So the whole interview took about 20 minutes. He then said congratulations, here is a stamp and your card should be coming in the mail within several weeks and that we will need to re-apply 90 days before expiration. He took my AP an EAD saying that this stamp now serves as a temporary Green Card and nothing to worry about when you travel and work.
For all that had similar situation: how long did you had to wait for the actual Green Card in the mail? Since we have to file papers 90 days before expiration since our marriage is less than 2 years, what happens if something happens to our marriage during that period??? Had anyone ever run into a situation like that??
Thank you and good luck to you ALL. Let me know if you have any questions.

Congrattsssssssssssss! Could you please tell me how many days/month/year you have been passed your weeding on your interview date? And when did you do your fingerprint? Was it more than a year? Did you do your re-fingerprint in the mean time? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Dip

dip92 said:
Congrattsssssssssssss! Could you please tell me how many days/month/year you have been passed your weeding on your interview date? And when did you do your fingerprint? Was it more than a year? Did you do your re-fingerprint in the mean time? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Dip

Thanks. No, i didnt have to do any re-fingerprinting. I had those done in 03/04 and my ND is 04/04 and waited one year. Our 2 yr anniversary is in December and that is why we got a conditional GC. hope this helps

COngratulations! Could you please share your country of birth, age please? I am compiling a list of successful/pending cases for FBI name check. I have a feeling the people from select few countries are being check intensively (or may be just kept waiting).

Thanks

Eric

Fanito said:
lol, did your lawyer charged u for the interview appointment??? congrats, by the way!

LOL, yeah man, that was funny after the interview, but i was so pissed off. If she sends me the bill, I'll tell her to shove it up her...........