metaphor_1 approval notices received in mail, and stamping done in Miami

metaphor_1

Registered Users (C)
We got our approval notices yesterday (3/11). Surprised us, coz we were\'nt expecting anything until late this week.

(We had a BIG stroke of luck, when my company decided to file our I140/485 in CSC instead of TSC, although we come under TSC because they wanted all applications to be centralized to one service center!)

We went to Miami for our stamping today, because a couple of friends told us that Tuesdays would be "lighter". If this is the "lighter" crowd, then I cant even begin to imagine the Monday crowds.

We started from home at 5:15 AM, and were in line by 6:30 or so (after struggling to get parking, we parked in a shady looking lot on 78th Street $10.00 flat). And we stood, and stood and stood. A harried looking IIO gave us tokens in the line. It was 11:30 by the time we got to enter the building.

And then we sat, and sat and sat before our turns came at almost 2:00. I went to the officer, who did not speak a word as he collected all my documents from me (AP, I-94, I-94 from H1-B, EAD, Approval and photos). I signed where he pointed the finger, then he took my fingerprint, stamped my passport for 1 year and shooed me away. (He did tell me that it would take 3 - 6 months for the plastic card to arrive)

Same thing with my wife too -- not too many words spoken.

Anyways, it is done and over with. Good luck to all the waiters, and God bless PCEE and his ilk.