Message from DOH regarding my pending I-485

amartvcs

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I recently received a letter from Department Of Homeland Security that my "I-485 application is pending the issuance of an immigrant visa number. Once visas become available, processing will resume on your application".

I filed for labor under EB3 in June 2001. My I-140 was approved in November 2004. I filed for my I-485 in March 2005 with Vermont Service Center.

Please help me understand this message and let me know if there are any ways to expedite the processing of my pending I-485 application.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
-Amar.

amartvcs said:
Hello all,

I recently received a letter from Department Of Homeland Security that my "I-485 application is pending the issuance of an immigrant visa number. Once visas become available, processing will resume on your application".

I filed for labor under EB3 in June 2001. My I-140 was approved in November 2004. I filed for my I-485 in March 2005 with Vermont Service Center.

Please help me understand this message and let me know if there are any ways to expedite the processing of my pending I-485 application.

Thanks,
-Amar.
I assume you are from India. From December 2005 for India EB3 priority date (PD) will be January 1999. Since your PD is June 2001 (labor filed) so a visa number can not be allocated which is required during a 485 approval. When your PD will be current means visa number available and processing will resume on your 485 application. Do not think expedite request will work since PD is not current.

Most probably your I485 was approved, but pending a visa number for GC plastic card processing. congratulations.

amartvcs said:
Hello all,

Thanks,
-Amar.

you woke up bit early with 2 posts in 1 year, come back after 2 years with that PD

amartvcs said:
Hello all,

Thanks,
-Amar.

Why not a lot of people are getting this type of message ?

This is the first report of such notificaton (?)
My I-485 was filed on Feb 2005 and I have received nothing like this...

amartvcs said:
Hello all,

Thanks,
-Amar.

Got the same letter

I got the same letter from NSC. I have called earlier NSC and enquired about the status of the case since the processing date is May 2005. They said they will send the reason by mail. So that is the response of my enquiry.