Memo details for concurrent filing: Atten: Anil

trystwithgc

Registered Users (C)
Hey, The memo fm the link you sent clearly says E31 and E32. Does this mean EB3 coz as far as I know, and correct me if I am wrong, there are just three categories Eb1, Eb2 and EB3. I mailed my lawyer and they said the same thing as Sheela murthy's website ie Eb2 from India will not be affected. Can some EB2 folks check this with your lawyers, so we know where this stands?
Thanks
-Maha :)

Yes, this means EB3. That too only certain categories under EB3 (EB31 and EB32) are retrogressed. There is a EB3 other workers category which are not retrogressed. Hence, whoever has filed under EB3 and only has two years of experience can still have their priority date current, it is only the skilled worker category that is affected at present.

This means EB2s still have hope right?

My friend filed for his GC from the same company in Jan 2003 and got his GC in Sept 04 thru concurrent processing. Is anyone else aware of such cases?
Thanks
Maha

Thanks TrystWithGC,

When u talk about retrogression of priority dates, it is clearly EB3 category with subcategories as EB31 and EB32. EB2 category is unaffected at this point and it is still current for everyone.

The other point "concurrent processing policy" is something where I'm not sure if they have rescinded the policy completely or it is still valid for EB2 categories. The memo issued by USCIS does not clarify it.

As I said earlier different interpretations are possible but the real test would be seeing a case being approved concurrently after Jan 01, 2005. I'm waiting for it.

Like you people, I would also be very happy to get my case concurrently processed as I've been waiting for last 14 months even for my I-140.

Thanks,

COnfused.

UK123,

I am confused with your explinition.

"Yes, this means EB3. That too only certain categories under EB3 (EB31 and EB32) are retrogressed. There is a EB3 other workers category which are not retrogressed. Hence, whoever has filed under EB3 and only has two years of experience can still have their priority date current, it is only the skilled worker category that is affected at present."

As I know, Skilled Worker ------ Only 2 years Exp.
Professional ---------BS+2 Yr Exp.

Calling Immigration

Do you guys call Immigration regularly , maybe a couple of times a month or so to check on the status of your case?
Is this a good idea or would u rather let sleeping dogs lie?
Thanks
-Maha :)

I believe EB3 has three categories under it, EB31, EB32 and other workers. The first two are professional and skilled workers and they are affected by retrogression, but the third one, other workers, are not affected by retrogression. If I remember the job qualification for EB3-other worker category must be less than 2 years.