Medicals Valid until I-485 Adjudicated, Policy Extended

lallo_yadav

Registered Users (C)
Guess it's some good news ... :p

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html#1

The BCIS issued a memo on July 23, 2003, extending the current policy regarding the validity period of medical examinations submitted in connection with Applications for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485). While the physician's endorsement on the medical examination is valid only for a year, the BCIS will continue to consider the medical examination to be valid until the Application for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) is adjudicated. The policy extends only to those who do not have any of the medical conditions of concern to the BCIS. Specifically, the adjustment applicant should not have any Class A or Class B medical condition certified on the endorsement of the civil surgeon. The extended policy is only valid until January 1, 2004.

The medical examination, endorsed by a civil surgeon on Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is a necessary part of the green card process. The examination is submitted in connection with the Form I-485, to ensure that the individual does not have any "communicable diseases of public health significance" or other medical conditions that may pose a danger to the individual or to others. The medical examination includes proof that the foreign national has had vaccinations against a specified list of preventable diseases.

Generally, the medical endorsement of the physician is only valid for a year. However, on October 17, 2002, Legacy INS issued a policy memo to extend the endorsements throughout the life of the case. This policy ended on January 1, 2003, but has now been officially extended until January 1, 2004. This policy eliminates the need for most I-485 applicants to obtain a new medical examination at the end of 12 months, avoiding unnecessary processing time delays, as well as additional expense to the applicants. This policy is significant and helpful to most I-485 applicants, as I-485 processing timeframes for employment-based cases, as well as most family-based cases, are well beyond one year at all of the BCIS Service Centers.

Aray lallo Bhai, Yaha kya kar Rahe hoo California Mein. Is ko bhee Bhiar Bananay ka Irada hai kya??

Just kidding

--Pa Ji:D :D

Originally posted by Pa_ji
Aray lallo Bhai, Yaha kya kar Rahe hoo California Mein. Is ko bhee Bhiar Bananay ka Irada hai kya??

Just kidding

--Pa Ji:D :D

Are Pa Ji, Bihar banatey to accha hota na. Aapka aur hamara GC kabka mil gaya hota. :D :)

Grim situation: More delay possible unless there is further extension

Since Jan 1, 2004 is less than 4 months away, unless the medicals are made valid beyond Jan 1, 2004, we are going to see more medical RFEs for not only for WAC02 cases but WAC03 cases as well. Means more delay. I think this might have a severe impact on all pending I1485 cases.

As per Kashmir Oct 12,2003 I485 status table

Total Cases =36365
Card Ordered =3842
Completed =104
Approved =1094
Transferred Back =189
Transferred =1419
RFE Recvd =599
RFE Sent =231
Resumed =21346
FP Recvd =842
FP Sent =1211
Recvd =5078
Denied =0
Withdrawn =66
Rejected =0
MailedDirectly =46
Undeliverable =25
InsufficientPaymt =21
Unknown =252

So card ordered + completed + approved + Mailed + Undeliverable + InsufficientPayment + Unknown= 5384

So we have more than 30,000 cases of WAC01 & WAC02 series which might see medical RFEs not to talk of WAC03 cases filed prior to Jan 1, 2003.
Imagine the time in sending 30000 RFEs and processing 30000 RFE replies. Even if we assume that USCIS processes 1000 cases per month in 4 months(Oct thru Dec), we still have to live with 26,000 RFEs

bhaiya sjdh 'dsklsdl
[sdfsdk 'l
[s
f dsjfsd

sdf lsdf
df
dls
dfdljs
sdfsdfk ds fsdk hsfsd'p sdfjhdsf hsdjhsj

i guess i speak excellent hindi ..:D :D

Novis

... Grim situation: More delay possible unless there is further extension .....

I hope BCIS will not come out with with a new kind of RFE i.e. RFE for RFE .. and delay further.