Medical RFE: Please help!

Priya_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I received my medical RFE recently. I was pregnant when I filed for my I-485 and hence had not completed my TB Test and one vaccine. The wording for RFE is a little bit confusing. I had done the rest of the tests. They are asking me explicitly to complete the TB Test and vaccination now. I am assuming my HIV and other tests remain valid from last time.

They have returned my Original I-693 medical Form and the Original Supplemental Vaccine Report form in a sealed envolope (it says - only to be opened by a Civil Surgeon). Now when I go to the civil surgeon, does he have to write a NEW I-693 or is he supposed to write on the Original Returned I-693? Same question applies to the Supplemental Vaccination Report form. Anybody in this situation?

Could you please let me know?

Thanks!
Priya

Priya,

I am not sure about answer to your question.

Could you please answer to my below questions. Like you, my wife was pregnant when we did the medicals. We are also expecting RFE on her 485.

1. was your husband's 485 approved or it's still in process because of RFE on your 485.
2. Did you directly receive RFE from USCIS or through your attorney?

kamineni99

My friend's(primary) case was approved, while his wife got RFE for medicals.
Normally RFEs go to attorney, but I don't know about the medical RFE.

Priya_GC said:
Hi All,

I received my medical RFE recently. I was pregnant when I filed for my I-485 and hence had not completed my TB Test and one vaccine. The wording for RFE is a little bit confusing. I had done the rest of the tests. They are asking me explicitly to complete the TB Test and vaccination now. I am assuming my HIV and other tests remain valid from last time.

They have returned my Original I-693 medical Form and the Original Supplemental Vaccine Report form in a sealed envolope (it says - only to be opened by a Civil Surgeon). Now when I go to the civil surgeon, does he have to write a NEW I-693 or is he supposed to write on the Original Returned I-693? Same question applies to the Supplemental Vaccination Report form. Anybody in this situation?

Could you please let me know?

Thanks!
Priya

Even I got the medical RFE for 693 supplement. They returned the original I-693 form for me too. I just took the shots and the doctor attached the 693 supplement to the original 693 form that was returned and signed the 693 form that was returned and gave it to me in a sealed envelope.

So in your case you need to get the TB test done and take the report to your doctor along with the returned 693 form. He will sign the 693 form again and update it as necessary that way you don't need to get the other tests done again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our experience

My wife was in the same boat. She received RFE and original medical and vaccination form. When she contacted her INS phygician, they made her do the complete physical again. Therefore, we used new form. Did complete physical. Re-done TB test and took the vaccination which she had not taken beause she was expecting. Re-done blood work.

Stupid, isn't it? We replied the RFE last month and now waiting for the approval.

Hope this helps.

what about us ?

Hey ...

Though i dont have answers, I have a Q !

WHen we filed gor GS, my wife was expecting so we got a letter from her gyn and the INS physician said he wud give a waiver for the shots. Thanks to retrogression ( PD is 2001) I may get the approval anytime :) But my wife is still nursing and cant take the shots even now :( Any of u know what to do ??? :confused:

gcwaiting3 said:
Hey ...

Though i dont have answers, I have a Q !

WHen we filed gor GS, my wife was expecting so we got a letter from her gyn and the INS physician said he wud give a waiver for the shots. Thanks to retrogression ( PD is 2001) I may get the approval anytime :) But my wife is still nursing and cant take the shots even now :( Any of u know what to do ??? :confused:

We are also in the same situation.
My wife took the TB test and X-Ray. The INS Phisycian said he would waive the vaccination shots. I wonder if USCIS also waive or send RFE?

Last edited by a moderator:
To kamineni99

kamineni99,

Did your wife do TB Skin Test and X-Ray while she was pregnant?

Thanks,
Priya