Medical RFE help

sudhesh

Registered Users (C)
I applied 485 for my daughter 2 years ago, the doctor then didn't do the tuberclosis test for my daughter, who was 5 years old then. I do remember asking him to make sure all the tests and shots are complete. The doc said she doesn't need to have that test.

Now, I got an RFE for my daughter for tuberclosis test. The RFE says everyone 2 years and older requires this test. They have also returned the sealed envelop for the doc to open.

Do I have to goto the same doctor at detroit or we can goto any other doctor in chicago area, as we have moved from detriot to chicago. Also right now my daughter is in India, so is there any possibility to get the test done in India.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

One of my friend had same RFE about his daughter's TB. As per the lawyer, You have to go to BCIS authorized civil surgeons only.

This is really ridiculus,

In my case also, doctor said that children under some age (I don't know what) do not require TB test.

Now, I received a medical RFE for me only, not for child. I really don't know what to expect.

But, I do remember that the RFE said that "Your response will be evaluated against the policies applicable at the time when your original application was filed". I guess that BCIS might have recently changed these guidelines and the some officers are asking for this test as per the new guidelines, instead of looking at old guidelines. I believe that the doctors are well versed with the BCIS medical requirements otherwise they wouldn't make such statements.

So far I havn't received my approval, but I'm keeping my fingures crossed, so as not to receive another RFE.

Thanks