Medical expiring, No passport request yet..

Jalma

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

My medical exam anniversary is fast approaching in 10 days, and so far i have not heard anything from Buffalo for my passport request. After inquiry, they said my file is with other government agency for review. What are my option here...

Should i write a letter to Health dept., Ottawa as my online status is also not showing "medical received" . Thats the only government agency i can think off..

Any idea.... I am confused and tired of waiting since 2001.

Hi

Jalma,
What is your nationality ? Are you from one of the special registration countries ?
I think best option at this time is to get CAIPS notes to see the reason for delay.
Best of luck

I am from India. IS their anyone who completed their medical in January/Feb, 2004 received passport request. I don't know why they are taking so long. The worse scenario is that I have to redo my medical again. Finger crossed...

Hey Jalma ,
I'm in same boat.applied in january 2002.did my medical in october 2003 since then i haven't heard anything.
By the way what's the CAIPS notes and how we get them?
thank you.

I guess they refer to Background checks when they say "your file is pending review by other goverment agencies". This happens with many applicant, including myself...I know it sucks...But what can we do about it..
Everyday that passes, I loose my excitment about this Canadian Immigration. I hope it is worth the waiting.. :rolleyes:

Jalma said:
Guys,

My medical exam anniversary is fast approaching in 10 days, and so far i have not heard anything from Buffalo for my passport request. After inquiry, they said my file is with other government agency for review. What are my option here...

Should i write a letter to Health dept., Ottawa as my online status is also not showing "medical received" . Thats the only government agency i can think off..

Hello Stranger1,

I know how frustrating is the wait. I also send a letter to health department, canada. But nothing changed. Now I least care when they send my passport request.

Can you please five an idea about your timeline please.

Thanks

Hi Jalma

Here is my timeline

Applied April 2002
AOR Sep 2002
IA Sep 2003, interview waiver
Medicals October 2003
Updated forms November 2003

Last contact with Buffalo was in December 2003 when I asked them about the status of my application and they responded "your file is pending review by other goverment agencies". Please allow 9-12 months for this process :confused: . I guess they will be going around and knocking doors and asking about me...is this background checks...whatever...

The thing that really bothers me is that there are many people who applied 10 months or maybe even a year after me and already got their PR approved. This really hurts....I know this has something to do with nationality and previous residence places, but it also reflects the inefficiency of the canadian immigration system. They could had started our background checks earlier, rather than torturing us for several years!!!!! But who cares about us :mad:

I am waiting..I may try to move to canada on work permit or even forget about Canda and go somewhere else. I really can't put my life on hold waiting for this immigration.

All the best,

Jalma said:
Hello Stranger1,

I know how frustrating is the wait. I also send a letter to health department, canada. But nothing changed. Now I least care when they send my passport request.

Can you please five an idea about your timeline please.

Thanks

Medical expired---

Its been more than a month that my medical expired and so far i have not received any request as far my passport request or re-medical is concerned.

Its getting the same time as that of US GC, atleast for me.......

Jalma said:
Guys,

Hi Jalma,

One of two things will happen. They will either ask you to take a second medical, or they will extend the validity of your medical by a couple of months. I personally know of a case where the medical was taken March 15, 2002 of one year, and the passport was requested in April 2003, staying the approval is only valid until May 30, 2003. This, in effect, extend the validity of the medicals two and half months beyond the anniversary.

Asking to redo the medicals is more common though.

Atlast after 1 1/2 month after expiration of my medical exam, the cic website is showing that they have received my medical. Now the ball is in cic court, lets see what they come up with. But the message is still stuck at " In Process". I would be pleased if they extend the validity of my medical and ask for passport request....... well we will find out soon.

Any idea how long they will take to repond after they receive medical from Ottawa or when the website will show "DEcision made"?

derila2003,

when u click "In process", you will find the details. Until now medical received line was not there.