Medical Examination Requirement

snarsian

Hello,
This is my first posting on immigration portal. I was not sure whether this is the right forum for my query. Nevertheless if I can get some guidance that would be great. I have received my Labor today 13th August. I wanted to know whether I can file my I-140 and I-485 concurrently before the August 17th deadline? If yes is the medical examination (I-693) required along with the application. or can I submit it later. since I am running short of time. Please advise what should I do.

Thanks in advance

Generally you would require your medical records with your I-485 application, but due to the July Bulletin fiasco, USCIS is accepting I-485 applications even without the medical records right now.
You can submit your I-140 and I-485 concurrently before the 17th of August and then submit the medical records later.

Isn't having an approved labor petition a required condition of eligibility to apply for I140?
If that is true, since your LC was approved in August, you can not avail the July bulletin dates to file your 140/485.

USCIS/DOL specifically stated that anyone who was eligible in the month of July to file (as per the original July bulletin released in mid June) can file upto the 17th of August.

My advice is to have a quick 5 minute talk with your lawyer and make sure you can file.