medical examination and vaccination history for I-485

debby11

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys!

My question is:
I'm sponsoring my husband for GC. Next week he's going for medical examination for I-485, does he need to bring anything with him, like vaccination history?

Thanks!

If they are genuine medical records, then yes, he can take them with him to prove that he has had some of the required vaccination. A piece of paper that he writes himself listing his history will not suffice, and in such a case the doctor will probably need to take titers to determine antibodies for the required vaccines. Either way, it's not a big deal.

If they are genuine medical records, then yes, he can take them with him to prove that he has had some of the required vaccination. A piece of paper that he writes himself listing his history will not suffice, and in such a case the doctor will probably need to take titers to determine antibodies for the required vaccines. Either way, it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the reply!
Would it be enough to bring the copies of the vaccinations?

That's actually up to the doctor to decide - If they are copies of official records then the doctor might agree... but again, you never know. Also, if you have to redo titers, it's really not a big deal, just a simple blood test.