medical exam

Sangwook Sihn

Registered Users (C)
I have a I485 receipt notice dated on June 27, 2001.

When I filed the I485, we didn\'t include the medical exam.
My lawyer told me I can file the medical exam after filing the I-485, because it is valid only for a year.
And she recommend me to do it at this time.

But one of my friend told me he had the exam just before he got the fingerprint done, which seemed to be after the approval of the I-485.

Can anyone have any idea about this?
Thank you...

Almost everyone that I have known has had their medical done before filing for I-485. I am very sure that once you have filed for your I-485, there is no one year limit for the Medical Exam. I have scores of friends who had their medical done before applying for I-485 and their approval came through after one year of filing (i.e. after one year of Medical) and there were never any questions asked.

Infact we had our Medical done in Oct 2000 and we have not got approval as yet, which means it has been over a year for our Medical too.

I would suggest (and I am not a lawyer so take it for its worth) that you have your Medical done soon and send the report to NSC. Definitely don\'t delay any longer than your FP, otherwise you might get an RFE.

Also, FP is done way before the approval of the I-485. In our case our FP was done in 03/2000

Hope that helps

My info
RD 10/13/00 ND 11/06/00 AD ????

No Title

Thank you for your help.
What is RFE?
And was your FP done in 03/2001, not 03/2000?
If it\'s 03/2000, it doesn\'t make sense to me because your ND was 11/2000.
We didn\'t do FP yet, even if our ND was 08/2001.
Isn\'t FP after the approval of I-485?

No Title

rfe is request for evidence. FP is finger print, which has to be done before approval of I 485. It makes sure that you don\'t have any criminal record.

FP was 3/2001

Sorry for the mistake.. the years just seem to pass by. And I apologize for not replying earlier. FP is before approval as mentioned by CrossMyFinger. I-485 approval is the culmination point in the quest for GC... so I-485 approval means that you have got your Green Card approved.