medical exam??

mr needy

Registered Users (C)
Hello to all , I just wanted to know is it neccessary to send the medical report along with I485 pakage ??? or we can take it us when r called for the interview?? I am asking this because a few of the prople i know told me we can send pakage now and wiat for uscis to tell u whan and where we can take the meidcal exam and get it along when u go for interview. please reply

Medical Exam

Yes, you can wait for the medicals till uscis asks you to provide them. I understand that it gets expired after a year so if you are not called for interview within an year, you may have to redo the medical. Second opinion always helps. Good luck!

Is this true everywhere?

flman95 said:
Yes, you can wait for the medicals till uscis asks you to provide them. I understand that it gets expired after a year so if you are not called for interview within an year, you may have to redo the medical. Second opinion always helps. Good luck!

According to INS website:

"If filing for adjustment of status at a Service Center, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, with Form I-485 package to the Service Center. If filing for adjustment of status at a local office, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, at the time of your adjustment of status interview. Please note: some local offices request that you file Form I-693 with your adjustment of status application packet to allow for quicker processing. Please check the web page of your local office under "Local Filing Procedures" to determine if your local office wants Form I-693 at the time of filing Form I-485 or at the time of interview. "

My understanding is that 90% of people now file at the Chicago PO Box provided on INS website (Please correct me if I'm wrong), which is neither a SC nor DO. Then when should we do the med. exam? Anybody with experience, could you please share?

You may wait. you don t have to submit now, but I read on USCIS web they strongly encourage it so the final decision may be made during Interview. Even if your interview is over one year from now and now they receive medical it will be valid. This thing I am certain because The same q I asked my lawyer and he showed me the new law. The only threat is if you do medical and don t submit withing a year, then it expires.
goog luck

Attach Medical to I-485 or NOT?

kaja4321 said:
You may wait. you don t have to submit now, but I read on USCIS web they strongly encourage it so the final decision may be made during Interview. Even if your interview is over one year from now and now they receive medical it will be valid. This thing I am certain because The same q I asked my lawyer and he showed me the new law. The only threat is if you do medical and don t submit withing a year, then it expires.
goog luck

This is from I-485 instruction:
"If you are filing your adjustment of status application
with a USCIS service center, include your medical
examination report with the application,"
"If you are filing your adjustment of status application
with a local USCIS office
or if you are an asylee filing
an adjustment of status application with a service
center one year after you were granted asylum, do not
submit a medical report with your adjustment of status
application. Wait for further instructions from the
USCIS about how and where to take and submit the
medical examination report.
"

Now the question becomes: if all of us are filing with the Chicago lockbox, are we filing at a Service Ctr or Local DO?

Any insights?

good question

I called USCIS about this several times and got several different answers. In the case of my wife's AOS, she was on a K1 visa, so she had the medical exam before she came over. We just had to submit the vaccination supplement. The instructions on the form said we could submit that with the I-485 package. We submitted the original sealed copy given to us by the doctor addressed to USCIS. My concern is what happens if it gets lost between the Lockbox, the NBC, and the District Office. We have a copy, but not the original.

Anyone have any problems with medicals getting lost by USCIS?