Medical exam question

sprint2004

Registered Users (C)
I am applied for canadian immigration under skilled worker category. My questions, after I got my medical exam done, mailing of all the documents is the responsibility of the doctors, correct? All I got from the doctor was a receipt stating that I paid them $300 for the medical exam. Do I have to mail this receipt to the Buffalo Canada Consulate? Was I supposed to receive any other document from the doctor?

Is there anything else I need to do after the medical exam is done?
How long does it take to get a resonse back? Where can I check the status if everything is ok with the medical results?

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you

After I got my medical exam done, mailing of all the documents is the responsibility of the doctors, correct?
Yes

All I got from the doctor was a receipt stating that I paid them $300 for the medical exam. Do I have to mail this receipt to the Buffalo Canada Consulate?
No

Was I supposed to receive any other document from the doctor?
No

Is there anything else I need to do after the medical exam is done?
You can just wait.

How long does it take to get a resonse back?
If there is a problem in your medicals they will contact you and ask to provide them additional information. If you do not hear from them its good.

Where can I check the status if everything is ok with the medical results?
You can order your CAIPS notes at least 3 to 4 months after you got your medical done to see the result of your medical. The notes cost US$30 and it takes 5 to 7 weeks to get them. For more information about CAIPS notes you can visit www.caipsnotes.com OR www.caips.ca

You can call doctor office to see if there is any problem and if they have mailed documents out.

lhy said:
You can call doctor office to see if there is any problem and if they have mailed documents out.

You can definately ask the doctors office if they have sent out the documents.

BUT the doctor can not discuss anything regarding your reports/results.

From the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/before-3.html

Medical Report Procedures
Medical reports and x-rays for the medical examination become the property of the Canadian Immigration Medical Authorities and cannot be returned to you.

The doctor will not tell you the results of the medical examination. The doctor will let you know if you have a health-related problem.

The DMP does not make the final decision. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will make the final decision on whether or not your medical examination has been passed for immigration purposes.

The Visa Office will tell you in writing if there is a problem with your medical examination.

I am planning go for medical test soon. I have a High BP and Cholestrol. But, I am in medication. Will it make any problem in Canada immigration?

Am I required to tell the DMP in advance that I have BP & Chloestrol? or Should I have to tell only if He/She asks? What are all other medical conditions they test? What medical conditions make ineligibility for canada immigration?

Thanks