Medical Exam in Vancouver

j2clark

I am Canadian citizen in Vancouver married to an American. My husband filed I130 and had it approved. I got CP4 with Application for immigrant visa and alien Registration (DS-230) while vacationing in the US for 3-4 months.

I needed to get Criminal Record Check from Canada so I applied to Ottawa RCMP Civil Fingerprint Screening Services to have it done by mail a month ago, thinking that it’ll save me time (I won’t have to go back to Vancouver just to have the check done). Only 2 days ago did CIVIL FINGERPRINT SCREENING SERVICES received my application into their system. They said it might take 45-60 days to process. This is a big delay for me. SO I am thinking of going to Vancouver to have Criminal Check done on a place.

Can I have Medical Exam done while I am at it? I haven’t received my medical forms yet from Montreal – As I understand it is the next step after they receive DS-230 with all supporting documents and criminal record check.
Has anyone ever had his or her medical exams done before submitting DS-230? How do I find out which doctor to go to in Vancouver? Can I have it done in the US? Alternatively, can I have it done in Montreal few days before the interview?
Thank you
J2clark