Medical exam completed with I 485 ?

plakkap

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am on H-1B, my spouse is US citizen, and am planning to apply for green card through the I-130 process in San Jose, CA

should the medical exam be completed when I send in the I 485 package to the local INS office ?

thanks

Hi,

You need to have your medical exam result with you! There is a false message some on the INS web site saying "do not do so until you are told". I had to make my second trip to San Francisco office because I did not have the medical exam result at first time.
I hope this will help you.

JIC

I filed with the local office in NJ and I did not send in my medical when I sent in my application.

My EAD interview is next month, INS did not mention the medical yet, but I am planning to get it over with, now itself.

Go to the doc if he is going to take a week or two to do your medical you could go ahead and send in your app. If the doc can wrap it up fast, then might as well send in everything.

thanks very much for the information

so does one mail the I-130 & 485 package to the INS San Jose office, and then wait for the interview ?
How long does the whole process take ?

question to AmIinTrouble

AmIinTrouble

when did you file? How many days you got call for EAD interview????

vishal

I filed last week of Aug 2002. Got FP done in 3rd week of Sept. Recvd. letter end of Oct to appear for EAD interview in 1st week of December.

So far INS has been following the timeline mentioned on the recpt letter. 90 days for EAD interview from date of recpt.

INS-San Jose experience

Hi
Has anyone any experience in filing I-130/I-485 in San Jose. Time for getting EAD etc.
What is the address to mail the forms ?

thanks in advance

Suresh