Maybe it might make us feel a little better

sun06

Registered Users (C)
if we realized that at least we are at the last stage and that it is essentially a matter of time .
My company Immigration dept. says that most of the LC applications are being currently rejected by DOL. This is true for most big companies in the Bay Area.
Also, a lot of companies are not currently filing for new GCs for their H1Bs.
I know a lot of colleges are currently in the last few years of their H1 and are facing the prospect of having to go back to their respective countries.
Having said that, my life is on a hold till i get that little piece of plastic.

May all your dreams come true.

sun06

There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts

I will feel better only when I have my GC approved, and I hope that all the others will be approved as well. I will feel better only when I have my GC approved.

I don't think we should feel better.
But I tell you what makes me feel not as bad is knowing that such a forum exist and knowing that there are others that are unfortunately in the same boat as I am. Heck we 're literally hanging on to our jobs for those of us who are in jeopardy of losing theirs in fear for the ultimate prize (Green &*%^ Card)

And the wait continues....

well said

Hussein,
man, well said, lets bring out the champagne and drink to our sorry fate.... that we are puppets in the hands of the BCIS

LW

Afraid, I dont feel better.

However, living in Silicon Valley, I know the scary stories about rejected labor and companies not applying for GC anymore are true.

Y feel desperate

Hello All,

Y r u all that desperate for the GC, it is not the end of the world. Please don't worry so much about it and just take life as it comes. Live happily, just do and think something nice for a change and spend more time working in your job and spending with family rather than worrying abt GC and spending time surfing around for details. Don't forget completely abt it, but just let it not drive your day and mood. I am also a GC waiter and was as fearful as many of you( i think even more) of loosing GC, but then i got to realise that, with that fear and thoughts i am making my life miserable and my work ethics have come down. Worst case scenario, you will go back to your home country where you are welcomed all the time. But then u will need money to survive there. So all of of you should save more money :) The money saved will help you in any country.
I like you all guys and gals on this board and i feel real sad when you become this desperate. So cheer up and have nice days ahead. Have fun and enjoy each day of your life.

SuttiGC,

1. Do you have a vaild H1 with several years on it or are you on EAD?
2. Are you in danger of being laid off?
3. Have you crossed 180 days since filing I-485?
4. If you are laid off will you get another job easily?
5. Are you saying 'No' to great opportunities because of a job description mismatch?
6. Do you have car / house loans / mortgages?
7. Was your bank account depleted financing paycuts and shutdowns?
8. If you move to your own country, do you have kids in school at a stage which will disrupt their lives?
9. Do you have money in a 401(k) account that you wont be able to touch for another 6 months if you leave now without paying a hefty tax on it?
10. Do you want me to email you more questions?

Take it easy...

Does being deperate really helping you out?

I may be generalizing but all the green card holders around me say after the initial euphoria, green card turns out to be just an event. Life goes on! 99% of problems and concerns remain same..

I guess

it all depends...on how badly u want the American dream...SuttiGC may not care less abt the GC...maybe he/she plan to go back anyways - matter of time...hence probably at peace with the GC process...

For those with the american dream, its but natural to want to get the GC ASAP...then onto the citizenship step...

It all depends what ur final goal is I guess...

To me going back is only matter of time (5 more years or 10 more years)...Just that the GC will let me leave when I want to - not in 6 years when my H1B expires, not when I get laid off...simple as that...

If they had a H1B with 10 yrs on it & employer independent, I probably wouldnt care abt GC...

wish US wud move to model of Canada /Australia...6 months to get Perm Residency & that is before u enter this country...wat u think?

I dont feel any better either...

....and there is nothing I can do about it, but feel agitated. Its a shame that there are people whose career decisions depend on this. Also, why do I have to put up with illiterate bas***** at the port of entry, just because I have AP instead of GC or a visa?

-fb-

My status (non-immigrant) makes me more vulnerable to exploitations by my employer (they don't, but there is always a possibility), see your peers with similar experience move up the corporate ladder, but your stuck with the same title. And I always feel more dependent on my employer than my collegues who are US citizens.