May--Sept 2001 filers

FL4083

Registered Users (C)
More and more 2002 filers got approved. But we are still waiting for FP. What we can do?!

Just sit tight ?!!

I spoke to my attorney regarding FP\'s ( PD 5/98, ND 8/30/01) who told me that it is just a matter of time and I just need to sit tight ?!! and expect FP\'s anytime soon..? ( I doubt it )

I know it is tough

I do not think that 2002 approvals in TSC are the norm.

I do however sympathize with the fact that these people dont show much
logic by approving cases that are 3 month old, and making other cases
wait 10 times that!, but such as life

There is no rule

I am sure that that there will always be theories about the rules governing this process. I am also sure that there will be cases that blatantly defy those rules.

The FP scheduler gave some late 2001 and 2002 people a lottery win.

The TSC acknowledged that the FP scheduler was screwed up and starting sending out random notices. And it seems that they are processing cases within a month or two of FP. Those filers just happened to get lucky. When I sent mine in, I wasn\'t expecting an FP until a year or so after applying; so as far as I\'m concerned, if I get my 485 approved by the end of this year, I\'ll be happy.

RD 6/26/01
ND 8/15/01

angiodan

Could you please post where did you get this information? When and where TSC acknowledged the mistak

Rajiv Khanna has received the reply from TSC for my e-mail

Please go to : operations "TSC Procedures --- From Rajiv" 3/19/02 7:50am

TSC did not fix the problem till now, but

they said that they will refer it to the expert opinions within the agency. Since TSC did not receive many letters/fax from many people about this issue and may be they did not considered as a issue at all and forgot about it. If they had received many fax/letters and they would have realized about the problem and the situation would have been better for May-Sep 2001 filers by this time.

There is a rule, but difficult to see.

For FPs, national scheduler takes up applications in the order of RDs, but, depending upon the ASC area one belongs to and the load at that ASC, one may be scheduled later than another person with a later RD. Thus it looks random if we ignore the area to which the applicant belongs, but, if you analyze the cases of the same area, you see a pattern. For example, all of us who filed in March 2001 in Dallas area, have gotten our FP notices in Feb. last week or March 1st week. However, there are always some exceptions. Sometimes, applications could be misplaced. In some other cases such as a child approaching 21, lawyers may go through liason and get the cases expedited.

Do not think so..

If that is the case, why do people from other service centers are able to schedule the FPs at the same ASC, for which TSC applicant is waiting.
Is it that only TSC uses national scheduler????

dont think so.

I am in Austin and waiting since Oct. 01, many people filed early this year have done FP in San Antonio where I suppose to go.

enquiries

Venkat Kodi\'s response suggesting sending fax/letter enquiries through your attorneys to the INS regarding the 485(may\'01-dec\'01) cases might speed up the process. More the enquiries from different candidates, the better... I think... an ideas?
- Vijay

I think we need to send fax to INS and AILA also as Venkat suggested. We need more poeple to do so t

TSC Update on FP\'s

Below note is from immigration-law.com:

Updated 05/10/2002: Patience Needed for TSC 485 Waiters

Report indicates that the Texas Service Center is currently processing about 1,500-2,000 cases per week. Why then TSC 485 cases are not moving in the TSC report? TSC reports that they are focusing on scheduling the older cases from 1999 and 2000 for fingerprints so that these cases can be completed. Accordingly, the 485 cases are currently held at March 2000 so that the TSC can clear out the older cases. For the later filers, patience is needed. Back to Top

Talked to IIO; ND-Aug \'01, NO FP

I just had a chat with an IIO. She said our finger prints have been ordered but NOT SCHEDULED. The supervisor(whoever that motherf... might be) has a hold on fingerprinting. When I asked her about people with ND after us, doing their FP and getting approved. She only said she doesn\'t know how they are processing I-485 applications. She won\'t even give me a date for fingerprinting/approval. So, in TSC they don\'t give a sh... about us. Think I\'m gonna buy one of those easy illegal GCs out there!

out of all the pending cases, how many of them are 1999 and 2000 cases?

Say 10% of all pending cases are those old cases, about 4500 cases, if TSC are focusing on those cases, it should only take 2-4 weeks to clean it up depending upon percentage of 485-IIO\'s engaged in it.

I just dont know how much we can trust what TSC posted number/information.