may 2002 I-485 APPROVED WITHOUT 2ND FINGERPRINT

fallenw

Registered Users (C)
We have been waiting a long time for our approval, applied may 2002 for I-485.
No RFE for me,my wife or my son, no change of address, no employer change in over 2 years 3 months.
My wife and me finally got our 2nd fingerprint notices on July 29th 2004 for an appointment in late september 2004, I thought we were about 3 or 4 months away from approval.
Then to my surprise this morning I got an email from the USCIS case status website saying my wifes I-485 has been approved on Aug 24th 2004.
My son and me have not received any approval yet, neither me or my wife has taken the 2nd fingerprint yet and both our fingerprints are way past the 15 month expiry date.
I am hoping my son and mines approval comes thru in the next couple of days.

Is this normal to happen, approval without 2nd fingerprint even though they have sent us appointments for 2nd fingerprints for next month ?

Do you think we should still go for fingerprints even if we both get approvals before the fingerprint appointment date ?

Congratulations !
If you get the approval before the FP date, you do not need to do the FP. It is clearly stated on the FP notice: "PLEASE DISREGARD THIS NOTICE IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS ALREADY BEEN GRANTED"