MAY 2002 Approved!!!!

dogra7

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

With the grace of GOD, I got my 485 approval email for me and for my wife. Thanks for all your support during this 4 years long journey. :D

I am going to India in another week and I am travelling on AP. Since I am approved now, is it OK if I travel on AP and when I am back after a month, I go for my stamping. I have heard that you can go for stamping on any wednesday but I will not be here next Wednesday. Please let me know if this could create any problem during stamping once I am back, otherwise I have to cancel my tickets.

JAI SAI RAM

dogra7 said:
Guys,

With the grace of GOD, I got my 485 approval email for me and for my wife. Thanks for all your support during this 4 years long journey. :D

I am going to India in another week and I am travelling on AP. Since I am approved now, is it OK if I travel on AP and when I am back after a month, I go for my stamping. I have heard that you can go for stamping on any wednesday but I will not be here next Wednesday. Please let me know if this could create any problem during stamping once I am back, otherwise I have to cancel my tickets.

JAI SAI RAM

Congratulations. Have a good and a safe trip.

hi dogra7

I have heard that, once ur I-485 is approved, u can no longer use AP for travel as u r not a non-immigrant anymore.

Only if ur I-485 was approved when u were already outside USA, then u can use it to travel to enter USA. But since u were in USA when ur I-485 is approved, u cannot use AP any further

Talk to a good attorney

URGENT - Please Help

Guys,

I have only got an email for approvals. I have not received any approval notice in hand yet. I am leaving for india in 2 days. Is there any problem if I travel on AP and go for stamping after I come back from India (after a month)? Please help. URGENT.

Hey Dogray

Try taking a print out of approval emails and go to the USCIS to get your passport stamped . My friend had done it and he got his passport stamped .
Make sure you take your I-94 and two photographs

I think gtoc is right. You should try all avenues first. And why do you say only Wednesday. I think it is possible any day and I think you should take your travel documents along to convince the officer if there is really nothing you can do about changing the dates of your travel.

dogra7:

You need to get stampping done before you leave the country. Your AP is invalid now.
Do not take chances. Otherwise you will be at discretion of officer at POE.

Also, when your GC is approved you can not use your H1 for entry. That will give the impression that you are abandoning GC.

I got the above information from my lawyer. I may be entirely wrong. Check with your lawyer.