Married outside the US

kann13

Registered Users (C)
I have some questions on how to proceed with my situation. Basically I will become a citizen within the next few months. At that time I plan on moving out of the country (Argentina) for about a year maybe a year and a half. I also plan on getting married a couple of months after I move. My girlfriend currently has no status. So my questions are:

1. What would be the best way to first get her a visa so that she can at least travel to the use to see my family?
2. What do I have to file to get her green-card so that she may become a resident and on average how long does it usually take?
3. Can I file all paperwork needed in the American Consulate in Argentina or must I file everything here in the states?

My main concerns are that I have been told several conflicting things, among them is that the biggest mistake that I can make is to get married outside the US because it would delay her from being able to travel to the States greatly. Second that the process will take longer then a year, year and a half forcing me to stay in Argentina for longer then expected.

Thanks in advance for any responses.