Marriage issues

GC_1_waiter

Hello gurus,
Here is the deal. I am getting married to this girl in India in Jan next year. It is a court marriage. The reason being, I applied for my I-485 in June this year in VSC(EB-2 RIR Nigeria). RD 6/11/2001 ND 8/11/2001.
The traditional wedding is in May 2002. My wife won\'t be able to join me until then (May 2002). I do plan to get her H-4 in Jan itself after we get married in court.

What is the fastest way to get her here and get her GC ? What happens if my GC gets approved before May 2002 and what happens if it does not get approved by the time we get married in the traditional style in May 2002 ? I am not sure how to proceed from here. My attorney says that I cannot apply for her I-485 after we get married in court unless she is physically present in the USA.

Any advice will be appreciated. Sorry for the long message.

Thanks

best thing is

to have her here for a week after marriage and getting H4. Apply for her 485 and then let her go. She can travel on H4.

CP

She can go CP while you are doing your AOS. Talk to your attoney.

I am from China. I do not know the details but fully understand your difficuty caused by culture tradition. The best way for GC is to get her here and file AOS together, of course.

Congratulations for your marriage and good luck for your GC.