Marriage certificate for mother's petition

Apobo

I found mixed opinions for in the internet but wanted to know if Marriage certificate required for I-485 if my sister (petitioner) is filing the petition for my mother(beneficiary)? For I-130 proof of relationship USCIS clearly mentions that for mother birth certificate is enough evidence to prove daughter-mother relationship.

I know marriage certificate is a must if the beneficiary is the father or if it is a marriage-based petition but I could not find info if the mother is the sole beneficiary. Has anybody had this experience of not sending marriage certificate for mother or suggestions for this?

Note: We do have her certificate but it has her surname spelled wrong 'AYA' instead of 'YAY' and my father has not been with us for more than 20 years. So we might be unable to get a new certificate and getting all the affidavits is a hassle right now. She has her B2 valid until the end of Sept. so we are really trying to file everything by next week.

Thanks for the response. I know birth certificate is enough for I-130, is it not needed even for I-485?
The child's birth certificate is needed to prove the mother-child relationship for the I-130. The beneficiary's (i.e. the mother's) birth certificate is needed for the I-485.