Marraige after N 400 Filing

kidduj2002

Registered Users (C)
I got married after filing my N 400, do I need to just change all teh details in my form and take my marraige certificate??

I had originally GC from my previous husband of 10+years, but we got divorced. will this affect as my name changes(New last name). Do I have to apply for a new Green card???

1. When you for your interview you can update the new spouse information.

2. You will need a new green card as per law, whether you go for it or not is for you to decide. The only problem I can see here is that some finger print places require you to show your green card and if you apply for a new one it takes a few months to even get the NOA back. Without an NOA your local office will not stamp the I-551 stamp. So you may not have proof for green card for both fingerprinting and interview.

Are you sponsoring your new husband for green card? If not, it would have been better off to clear the decks for the name change on your license, new green card etc and then applying for the N-400. It would have meant less uncertainty and explanations.

Good luck.

I got married after filing my N 400, do I need to just change all teh details in my form and take my marraige certificate??

I had originally GC from my previous husband of 10+years, but we got divorced. will this affect as my name changes(New last name). Do I have to apply for a new Green card???