• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

March 2018 Visa Bulletin

Monthly visa issuances for 01/2018 have been released. 3556 visas were issued this month, and 12452 in total.

AF 1297
AS 389
EU 1725
NA 0
OC 59
SA 86

Updated charts are available at https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/

Side note: Do you remember that one selectee from North Korea affected by the travel ban? Good news, I guess they had more than one nationality, cause they were issued GC in January :)

Thanks for keeping an eye on things. Good news about the North Korean!! :)

Thanks for keeping an eye on things. Good news about the North Korean!! :)
Bad news for Iran however, not a single visa???

BTW, Xarthisius, from your charts it seems like the 2NLs have already went out, or are about to be sent out, since there are a bunch more in transit cases, but they seem to have gone out to less people, i.e., to a smaller percent of cases. Is this just a matter of timing, meaning that more in transit cases would have appeared on the 22nd, 23rd, or is it something else?

BTW, Xarthisius, from your charts it seems like the 2NLs have already went out, or are about to be sent out, since there are a bunch more in transit cases, but they seem to have gone out to less people, i.e., to a smaller percent of cases. Is this just a matter of timing, meaning that more in transit cases would have appeared on the 22nd, 23rd, or is it something else?

2NLs themseleves have not been sent, BUT "some" cases have gone to in Transit status or even ready. However, I am sure not all cases have been sent to in Transit as yet because there are not enough cases. This is "new" behavior.

Xarthisius also noticed that some additional in Transits were updated after the initial batch of cases for last month, suggesting the CEAC update was not one big update as we have seen in the past. Again - that is new behavior (and makes sense with the first thing).

So - procedures have change a little. I'm not sure that "means" anything - just a slight change.

I don't know. In a few days (or as soon as people start reporting that they've received 2NL), I'm going to re-check "At NVC" for one region (preferably OC, cause it's just a few hundred cases) to see if it anything changes.

2NLs themseleves have not been sent, BUT "some" cases have gone to in Transit status or even ready. However, I am sure not all cases have been sent to in Transit as yet because there are not enough cases. This is "new" behavior.

Xarthisius also noticed that some additional in Transits were updated after the initial batch of cases for last month, suggesting the CEAC update was not one big update as we have seen in the past. Again - that is new behavior (and makes sense with the first thing).

So - procedures have change a little. I'm not sure that "means" anything - just a slight change.
Thanks! One can't help but be reminded of Plato's allegory of the cave...

I don't know. In a few days (or as soon as people start reporting that they've received 2NL), I'm going to re-check "At NVC" for one region (preferably OC, cause it's just a few hundred cases) to see if it anything changes.
Thanks!
BTW, is it just me, or is the CAPTCAH workforce dwindled? There seem to be more cases to solve and less people doing the solving these days... :(

Thanks!
BTW, is it just me, or is the CAPTCAH workforce dwindled? There seem to be more cases to solve and less people doing the solving these days... :(

Well some seemed to see the CEAC data as the sun, but almost preferred the cave. But yes, the Captcha workforce will natuarally ebb and flow. That is OK - I can post a call to action if needed.

The IT kids at DHS have screwed up the CEAC system at the moment.

@Britsimon I was looking at the VB cutoff today and one thing struck me: why on Earth NA has a cutoff progression? I'm a lazy person and I think that deciding whether NA should be cut off at 7 or 10 in March sounds like a lot more work than just making the entire region current in October. It's 9 cases. Why do they care? Also why 10, if there are no valid cases >NA9 ?

@Britsimon I was looking at the VB cutoff today and one thing struck me: why on Earth NA has a cutoff progression? I'm a lazy person and I think that deciding whether NA should be cut off at 7 or 10 in March sounds like a lot more work than just making the entire region current in October. It's 9 cases. Why do they care? Also why 10, if there are no valid cases >NA9 ?

For the first part, there is some relationship between the regions, so the progress is supposed to move somewhat in synch. However, with NA, it is a bit daft.

As for the NA10. We have seen that before, if you look at my historical numbers you can see some months marked as defacto current. In realty, the VB number progressed even though there were no more cases. I honestly have no idea why they do that.