*********Mango Pickle Approved *****WAC02129

mango_pickle

Registered Users (C)
Ufff....After a long stressful journey we are approved. I really really thank God with all my heart for this. It was His blessings.
Got emails at 11:00PM in the night yesterday, but checked today morning.

Thanks to : Rajiv Khanna for this great forum that enabled us to share the burden of waiting. I really think that it was the class action lawsuit and the fight that Kashmir started contacting senators that helped me and many more people like me @ CSC. Thanks to Kashmir, 140, desi_bartender, ND02.. and all other people who selflessly answered questions, shared the scan data/graphs. Thank You all people. And Wish all the rest of the people (esp. ruxrux and all people stuck in name check) a speedy approval.

I hope the process at USCIS gets better and no other immigrant has to go through what late 2001 and 2002 filers had to go through.

Case details :

WAC02129*
ND March 07,2002
3 EADs , 3APs, 2 FPs
2nd FP : Jan 2004
3 enquiries sent : Contacted Senator, sent fax enquiry, lawyer sent enquiry
during May/June
RFE received : 7/14/2002 (for Medical)
I was expecting this since I didn't complete my medical first time around. I was pregnant then. Though I didn't take MMR, tetanus vaccines and Tb test got RFE only for Tb Test. I did my complete medical and sent it because didn't want another RFE, later.
My husband (derivatory) didnt' take Tetanus first time around since it was not in stock. But he didn't get any RFE

RFE replied : 8/3
RFE received : 8/10
Approved : 8/19 (11:00PM)

For people who are tracking LUDS :

Primary :
4/8 .... 5/26....6/2....6/9....7/14 ....8/13 ... 8/19

Derivative :
4/8....5/26....8/19

Thank You all and God bless us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kangaroo Relations!!!! Congratulations!!!! Now you can eat Mango and Pickle hmmmmm yummy.

Enjoy the Freedom and relax over the weekend.

Congrats !!

mango_pickle,

Good to see your approval. I'm little hopeful for my approval now.

Congrats Again.. Enjoy !!!

-Koolkat
WAC-02-119-#####

Hearty Congratulations Mango_pickle.

WAC 02 110 53XXX
2nd FP Jan 04
RFE recived May 04
RFE reponse recd by bcis July 28 2004
Fax inquiry Aug 18
Waiting for approval

Congratulations !!
mango_pickle said:
Thanks to : Rajiv Khanna for this great forum that enabled us to share the burden of waiting. I really think that it was the class action lawsuit and the fight that Kashmir started contacting senators that helped me and many more people like me @ CSC.
My pleasure.
Also, I'd appreciate your active participation in the campaigns.
Especially, you had been driving Project Ocean E-MAIL/FAX Campaign #11c to CSC Director Don Neufeld and/or Congressperson - Adjudicate LONG-PENDING Cases before Pilot Program for FAIRNESS, and finally we had got 50 participants.
It's a really great achievement and it's deserving !!

Enjoy your freedom,
-kashmir
mango_pickle said:
Recently I have read about the pilot programs for concurrent filers. And then there are RFEs and 2nd FPs for WAC03 filers. So, what about regular 485 filers who have filed between Jan02 to July02 ? This is not fair. Can we not do anything about this injustice ? Why are we being singled out? How long will this stress continue? Is there any campaign that already addresses this issue?

Frankly speaking, I have never involved myself with any of the campaigns until very recently. Since Im a working mom, I never even thought of attending the town hall meetings. But that was just one excuse. Believe me, I could have faxed or emailed any number of senators/congress people, but I didn't. Initially (in the very beginning of the campains) I thought it might affect negatively on my GC, since I would be giving out my WAC and my fullname. Later after seeing the posts of people doing it, I wasn't as scared but then I thought, it was not gonna be any useful. Personally speaking, there were lot of ups and downs psychologically regarding our green card, ups being making a decision about not caring for green card. For the first time I participated in the email campaign for Mrs. Arumugam, because the story touched me. I just said I don't care, if Im helpful to someone, God will help me and my family. Then I saw a response from the senator's office. It was like wow! I can be heard. It probably was an automatic email, but still it was something more +ve than I thought. I think this one optimism added strength to go and do more similar campaigns. I still may not go to town hall meetings, but I will send emails, the one thing that I do everyday/every week to scores of my friends, for no apparent reason, but never did for one issue, that is causing us lot of stress.

One more reason why I thought I would email without fear, is that it can't get any worse. They can't cancel my GC because voicing about my and my co-immigrants problems with INS. At the most, they won't do anything. And I thought what have I got not participating anyway. More news like this pilot programs? Month after month, we thought of hearing the good news of the processing resuming the way it was earlier. There were lot of excuses as to why EB 485 was not a priority. Month after month, we thought now this ordeal would be over. But it does not seem so!! Dont know for how long?

I have seen that number of people have responded to the threads for individual months updates like Jan02 Updates posting whether they got RFE, 2nd FP etc., I think if all of the people who responded in those threads and the silent ones, support the camapigns they are intersted in, it might work for us. You donot have to be part of each and every campaign.

I donot want to urge anybody to get into these campaigns, but want each one of you, who have been waiting for more than 24months after filing 485, to atleast think!