Maintaining Canadian PR status being in USA

anish123

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

Recently landed in Canada with my spouse and child , stayed there for 7 days and then came back to USA.

When I was coming back to USA thru FORT ERIE by car the officer did not stamp anything on my passport. So there is no evidence that I have left Canada.

During my stay I applied for SIN also and opened a bank account in canada

My question is to you folks

in this case when I will go to canada next time, can\'t I always tell the immigration officer that I left Canada only few days back and thus did not violate 183 days PR status.

I am on H1 in USA, in green card process and so wants to work in USA. Canada immigration was only for safety.

Please let me know your suggestions and views about maintaining PR status in canada without filing for returning resident permit.

Thanks for all your suggestions in past

No Title

Thanks very much for your reply.

I have an address in Canada which I can claim as my home address. Also I have applied for SIN with that address. I will get my SIN in about a month.

But you are right about applying for RRP.

Any idea what reasons I can give when applying for RRP. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I am here in USA with H1-B.

Thanks again.

No Title

If you are working in USA on H1B visa 100% you will not be given RRP, it happened to one of my friend, and it will be proof with Canada immigration that you wanted to work out side canada on H1B and that is not enough reason for RRP, if you are studying or want to increse your skills or with a family member/spouse who is Sick and you are with him/her and the person is Canada pr or you are employed by a Canadian Company and working in USA for some time and will be paid by Canadian Company then no problmem for RRP.

RRP is to expire

I need your help ...

I was on J-1 and applied RRP and extended once. Recently I changed my visa to H-1 and my RRP is going to expire shortly. I understand it\'s difficult to renew the RRP now as an H-1 holder. However, I may need to visit Canada early next year (after the RRP is expired).

My questions are:

1. If I do not return back the RRP to the Canadian authority, does it mean my entry to Canada after the expiration will be denied?

2. If I need to go to Canada in the case the border denies my entry based on my Immigration visa, can I apply a visitor visa?

3. Do you have any advice?

Thanks! Any comments are appreciated!

No Title

next time when you enter or leave canada and if the officer ask\'s you proof that you live in canada what are you going to show him

do yo have any proof that you live in canada I mean a apt or phone number or a rent receipt

they often ask this at the border crossing

gud luck