Mailing N-400

clarity07

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am about to apply for citizenship next week. Which way is better when mailing the application (Experss certified or normal). Also money order or personal check. I was just wondering.

Thanks

clarity07,

Going by what people have experienced on the forum (including me), if I were you, I would send my send a USPS Priority or Express (ensuring that I get an earliest Priority Date form USCIS) with a Return Receipt (so I could track when my package reached USCIS). Also, I would pay by Personal Check as against Money Order (as this would allow me to track when USCIS actually withdraws money).

Since you must have been checking earlier posts on this forum, make sure you send proper amount, sign the application in full name, and have attached all the needed documents. All that information has been covered in several stickys and previously posted messages.

Good luck to you.

mailing and check info

Hi,
I would mail either by express or certified mail as this will provide a case identification (tracking number) with the USPS and you can see when the item was delivered. I personally would also send a cashiers check addressed to USCIS. Hope this helps.

I have sent everything I've ever sent to the USCIS as "certified mail with return receipt". You will get that green "receipt" card in the mail within a week or two. It's a nice feeling.

BTW, it can take upto about a week from when the mail "should have arrived" to when the USCIS stamps the receipt with a date. They don't seem to go to their post office box every day.

I mailed mine from a Dallas suburban post office to the Texas service center (also in suburban Dallas) and I think the receipt was dated 7 or 8 days after the original postmark.