M-1 To J-1

srevathy89

Hi,

I am currently a student with M-1 status and I seem to be getting a job offer from an employer who seems to give me a J-1. They told me that I can work in J-1 for 2 years and then I have to leave the country. Is there any way that J-1 can be converted into H-1 work visa? Or should I wait until H-1 quota starts next year? What complication I might have with accepting the offer for J-1 and what are the advantages if any.

You can work in J1 Visa. Before your Visa expire date, you can find a potential Employer who can sponsor you H-1 Visa. once you find the potential sponsor you can adjust your status.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Hi,

I am currently a student with M-1 status and I seem to be getting a job offer from an employer who seems to give me a J-1. They told me that I can work in J-1 for 2 years and then I have to leave the country. Is there any way that J-1 can be converted into H-1 work visa? Or should I wait until H-1 quota starts next year? What complication I might have with accepting the offer for J-1 and what are the advantages if any.