LUD Change and RFE on my 485

In-Delema

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Today morning I got an email from USCIS that an RFE had been issued on my and my wife's 485. The text is as follows:

On November 17, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

As the text says "If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283" So if I call USCIS, will they tell me what additional documents are required.

I had submitted birth certificats for me and my wife which were made some time in 2003.Could it be the cause of RFE.

What else could be the cause of RFE?

recent birth certificate is a possibility , employment verification is also possible and well i have seen medical related RFEs too. so well anything is possible.

iknowitall said:
recent birth certificate is a possibility , employment verification is also possible and well i have seen medical related RFEs too. so well anything is possible.

Thanks iknowitall,

I thought to be proactive and get all the possible RFE documents. Well, all other documents are locally available but what if the RFE is on my Birth Cert.

So, if USCIS didnt like my berth cert, should I get the birth affidivet from India?

Any response appreciated.

--In-Delema

go to the 485 forum and check there, they request at times some kind of an affidavit to prove your DOB. it does happen when birth certificates are recent.

their thinking or theory is, that when you were born 25-30 yrs back why is your birth certificate a few months or a year old so they doubt the authencity of the document.

My 485 LUD also changed to 11/18/04, no email received inspite of email setting on, but RFE was issued yesterday. No change for I-140 which is pending for more than 13 months, no change in date for wife's 485. Looks like RFE may include I140 / I485

Will post once receive details.

In-Delema,
Some more possible reasons for 485 may be photo, Tax returns, I-94's details, education evaluation

My details:

I140 ND 10/6/03 - pending
I485 ND 12/7/03 - RFE for self issued on 11/17/04
NSC- EB3