• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Lottery winner traveling to the US for an interview

Zeratul

Hello guys!

I won the VISA Lottery, and I have the temporary visa in my passport. I have plans on definitely moving to the SF Bay Area in a few months. But one of the companies I am applying for a job is asking me to go there for an onsite interview.
What should I do? Should I do all the paperwork when I arrive to SF in order to get my Green Card, and then come back and do the same in a month or two for my wife's GC?
Am I going to be able to enter the US again with the temporary VISA on my passport? My GC will be send to some friends' place, so I won't have it at that time.

I don't know what to do...

Thank you guys!

Hello guys!

I won the VISA Lottery, and I have the temporary visa in my passport. I have plans on definitely moving to the SF Bay Area in a few months. But one of the companies I am applying for a job is asking me to go there for an onsite interview.
What should I do? Should I do all the paperwork when I arrive to SF in order to get my Green Card, and then come back and do the same in a month or two for my wife's GC?
Am I going to be able to enter the US again with the temporary VISA on my passport? My GC will be send to some friends' place, so I won't have it at that time.

I don't know what to do...

Thank you guys!

The plan is fine, assuming you are the principal (so can enter before your wife).
Once you enter your visa is stamped and becomes a temporary green card for a year, perfectly valid for entry.
Remember both you and your wife each need to enter using the the original visa before it expires.