• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Lottery entries denied in the last week?

i tried to post a link but it was rejected by the forum. However a site saying this is abc6.com but I want to clarify that the news is not so clear and so I asked here

So the source is your confusion over an article that you say you didn't understand. Sheesh. I searched for the abc6 article and could ONLY find this article.

https://www.abc6.com/story/41081862...een-card-lottery-will-be-held-in-october-2019

Ok so this is advertorial not news, it says it is paid content.

With that in mind - @Britsimon, do you know where they get the 65% disqualification rate - has that been published or talked about elsewhere? Or is just a made up number to push their business? It’s a bit higher than I had thought.

If the poster above got confused by “Do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as heavy demand may result in website delays.”, then all I can say is :mad: for spreading totally false rumors. The website getting delayed is an entirely different thing from saying they ignore your entries. (For what it’s worth: I can back up this warning. One year we stupidly waited till the last few hours and we just could not get as far as “submit”.)

Last edited:
Ok so this is advertorial not news, it says it is paid content.

With that in mind - @Britsimon, do you know where they get the 65% disqualification rate - has that been published or talked about elsewhere? Or is just a made up number to push their business? It’s a bit higher than I had thought.

If the poster above got confused by “Do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as heavy demand may result in website delays.”, then all I can say is :mad: for spreading totally false rumors. The website getting delayed is an entirely different thing from saying they ignore your entries. (For what it’s worth: I can back up this warning. One year we stupidly waited till the last few hours and we just could not get as far as “submit”.)

I don't know where they got the 65% rate from - sounds like BS to me - but as you say they are just trying to push their crappy (and inaccurate) website.

So the source is your confusion over an article that you say you didn't understand. Sheesh. I searched for the abc6 article and could ONLY find this
The link you posted is one of the articles I was talking about. It says: ‘Do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as heavy demand may result in website delays.’ It sounded weird to me

What sounds weird? When literally millions of people are trying to access a website at once, that’s not a surprising result.

What sounds weird? When literally millions of people are trying to access a website at once, that’s not a surprising result.
This is not the point. The question is whether late entries are disqualified or not according to this and other sources. Maybe I expressed wrongly before

This is not the point. The question is whether late entries are disqualified or not according to this and other sources. Maybe I expressed wrongly before

You need to decide what you mean. A LATE entry is one you try to submit after the entry period closes and (obviously) will not be accepted. Any entry submitted during the entry period is eligible for selection. It doesn’t matter if it is submitted one second before the entry period closes, as long as you have successfully submitted and received a confirmation number. You keep talking about “sources” but haven’t actually provided a single actual sentence from any of those to show what you think you mean.