Lost/stolen green card

CoolRaj_03

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I know, this might be a bit irrelevant question to quite a few of you who are still waiting for the GC approval, but I see not other way for quick suggestion here.

A friend of mine who had GC for some time had a theft in his house, and worst of the entire guy took the green card of the spouse which was in the bag that was stolen.

Now, they are having plans to travel outside US in coming November. They have taken an appointment for the replacement of the lost/stolen green card.

But we hear it might take reasonable time before they can get a duplicate. Now what are the options they have if the want to pursue their travel plans ?

Can they get a waiver or something or another temporary stamp on the passport ?

Your feedback or any pointers would be highly appreciated.

-CoolRaj

CoolRaj_03 said:
But we hear it might take reasonable time before they can get a duplicate. Now what are the options they have if the want to pursue their travel plans ?

Can they get a waiver or something or another temporary stamp on the passport ?

If ther temporary stamp did not expire yet, they can use the same stamp for re-entry. They should take a copy of police report too, in case POE officer asks why they don't have cards. If their temp stamp is expired, they have to get a new temporary stamp from closest district office before traveling.