Lost permanent residency card

Mhyles30

Registered Users (C)
Hello! I am in a real dilemma right now. I petitioned my mom and she stayed in the U.S for 6 months last year. She left the U.S on April 4 2008. She did not get reentry permit because we know she is coming back here in the U.S before a year. Unfortunately she left her green card here which I sent in the mail to the Philippines on Feb 9, 2009 thru United Postal Service Priority Mail. I purchased her ticket to come back in the U.S for March 30th. The problem is, the mail has not arrived yet, I now realized I should have sent it FEDEX but I guess I was ignorantly thinking I can trust the mail since it's sent PRIORITY. :confused:I was told by my post office here that it should be there in a week but it's been three weeks since I sent it. Assuming the card was lost or stolen, how do a I proceed since I have very little time to get a replacement? Also, I don't even know the process on how I can get it replaced. Please help. She needs to be back here on April 4, 2009 as she doesn't have a reentry permit.

I appreciate your response.

Thank you,
Mhyles