Lost Passport (Help Urgent)

settling_withgc

Registered Users (C)
I would like to know.
I lost my passport 2 years back. Luckily my I-94 was with me.

I got a duplicate passport issued from the Indian Consulate in NY. But I dont have a visa stamped on the passport.

My visa expires in Sept 2004 and I would need to apply for an extension.

If someone has faced this issue, please do mail me or message me.

That not at all a problem !!... As long as you have your H1B approval (I-797 something like that), I-94 & Valid passport you will get extension.

You need visa sticker in passport only when you travel abroad & return to US.

Lost Passport Continuation

gp111,

I had another question, can I travel to Canada on an canadian visa, and get the US visa stamped.

Yes you can, but I would not take that chance as nowdays manytimes they ask you to get visa from your home country & in that case you won't be able to enter back to US & have to go Home country for VISA stamping.

settling_withgc said:
I would like to know.
I lost my passport 2 years back. Luckily my I-94 was with me.

I got a duplicate passport issued from the Indian Consulate in NY. But I dont have a visa stamped on the passport.

My visa expires in Sept 2004 and I would need to apply for an extension.

If someone has faced this issue, please do mail me or message me.

If you plan for revalidation in USA and if you have any copy of previous passport with stamped visa, you may like to attach it. I think you should have applied for stamping on new passort(duplicate stamping.), it would have lessened burden.

You can get an extension without hitch.

Passport Lost - Need Help

I am Indian Citizen and Permanent Resident of Canada. Working here in US on H1B (Valid till Sept 2005) from last 4 Years. I lost my Passport in US Postal Mail and applying for a duplicate passport at Indian Consulate NY.
I would appreciate if anyone of you can help me to know

How much time it takes to get Duplicate Passport from Indian Consulate NY?

Is Passport No. going to be same in Duplicate Passport?

How Duplicate Passport process works?

Once I will get it can I go to Canada and do H1B stamping on Duplicate Passport at US Consulate in Canada? I have police report and xerox of original passport.

If so how much will be the fee and the mode of Payment?
Please help me.
Thanks

What shall I do now.

What shall I do now. I Need a help. My Passport got wet in washing machine. :eek: Its a stupidest thing but it happened. Photo on my Visa is not clear. All the printed matter is fine but the photo is defaced. I-94 is 80% clear. We can see the dates and names properly.

The pastic lamination on paper which has the First name, Lastname, Passport# etc.. are clear but it is detached. The lamination is not there now. It looks as if its tampered.

Can you please suggest me how to go further to get a new Passport and the respective formalities which I need to do. Currently am in Florida. So I think I need to go to Houston Indian embasy and apply for a new passport. I think my project will be till this year end. Am not having US driving license or state card.. I mean a proper US identification. I have a valid SSN and a Bank account. Its mentioned in Houston indian embasy that I need to apply in person. But to go there I can book the tickets but there is no proper identification for me. So what can I do for that?

Waiting for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator: