Lost passport got issued,but

vab_india

Hi,

I lost my Indian passport last year in Toronto. It had the US B2 Visa. The Indian Consulate in Toronto helped me in getting the new passport after completing all the formalities(in 45 days). I got the US B2 visa re-issued on the new passport. However when i was travelling to US , I came to know that my new passport is being highlighted as the "lost one" in the US immigration records. The Buffalo immigration officers advised me to get it corrected though they admitted that it is their mistake. They are of the opinion that every time I enter US, there will be a long scrutiny due to the wrong entry. Since I did not had much time to stay in Toronto, I tried to contact US Consulate in Hyderabad after landing in India. They in turn asked me to contact US CBP.
When contacted CBP, they responded stating that 'Your error cannot be fixed via this on-line forum. You must either call and/or visit the Deferred Inspection Office to correct your I-94 record."

Can anybody guide me on how do i get the records corrected?

Thank you
Vijay

As you said "Your error cannot be fixed via this on-line forum." then you should immediately contact Indian Embassy, they will help you.