++++ Lost original receipt notice. Is that a problem???++++

e17345

Registered Users (C)
My lawers secretery sent my original receipt notice to my old address (I moved once I got married). So now it is lost.

The lawers's assistant said they would send it a copy to me. IS THAT A PROBLEM from the CIS's point of view? When I got to do my fingerprints done, is that going to cause issues?

Please let me know if you know. Thank you so much for your time. I would greately appreciate if you spend a minute to responsd; I am really worried about it. Thank you. :(

Reply to your questoin.

As far as i know one usually needs the receipt for fingerprinting and biometrics, because after the do you fp and bio they stamp the receit. So I recommend calling INS once you get the receipt number and ask them to send another one. Meanwhile after you get the receipt number from the photocopy, try to get the appointment for the fp and bio( since there is a waiting period of a month to get an appointment or more in most DO's).

I have also noticed other mentions where a photocopy of the notice is sufficient for fp and bio.

The main thing is if you have the receipt number it is sufficient. And for your own records you migt want to keep the stamped receipt after the fp and bio.

PS- All information is based on what I had seen in the forums etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem

i had my fp done with copies so u should not have any problems they will just stamp the copies dont loose those good luck.

My husband's fp&bio were done with copies. That's all my lawyer sent, so I just assumed it would be fine.