lost old EAD card

khushibose

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am applying for AOS based on married to USC. Currently I am on student visa pursuing PhD degree. As I was filling out the I-765 form I realized that I need any previous EAD cards that I might have applied for. After I graduated with MS degree in December, 2003 I had applied for OPT and then within 2 months I was admitted in the PhD program in my current school. I was issued a new I-20 by my current school in February 2004 with starting date of August 2004 on it. Now I am unable to locate my old OPT card or any paperwork related to it. I talked to the international office of my current school and old school and they don't have a copy of my OPT card either. I am really worried what to do. I am not planning to send my I-765 form right now because I don't intend to work for one year atleast. I am planning to graduate. But I will need to apply for it later on and I am worried that my I-765 petition will be rejected. Also will this have any affect on my 485 application. Any response would be highly appreciated. I am freaking out here.

Thanks.

There is no reason to freak out or freak in or freak in any direction.

1- EAD is optional, not applying for one will not affect your I-485.

2- You may very well get your green card within a few months, so this whole matter will be moot.