Lost Oath Ceremony letter! What to do?

redink

Registered Users (C)
Both myself and wife attended Citizenship interview in Detriot and recommended for approval. I received my Oath Ceremony letter while my wife didn't. INS says it's sent but have to wait until 30 days to receive the letter before they consider lost in the mail. However, my oath ceremony is on 14th of June and afriad hers too.

1) Can we go to Oath Ceremony without the invite letter? Can they check passoport, Green Card A# and approve?

2) Is it possible to get duplicate copy of Oath Ceremony invite letter before 30 days?

thanks but

I live 3 1/2 hours from Detriot office and can not use INFOPASS to take an appointment and go in person.

How to reach a person via phone.

Thanks-

redink said:
I live 3 1/2 hours from Detriot office and can not use INFOPASS to take an appointment and go in person.

How to reach a person via phone.

Thanks-

try to call 1800 CS number to talk to someone.

However, if the oath is so important to me, I would drive 3.5, or even 4 hrs to get to the DO to get the infopass.

Of course, it is your choice.

redink -

Did you contact the Detroit INS or some 1-800 number to find out whether your wife's oath letter has been sent ? Can you provide contact info. like phone number?

Just curious, as my wife and I also appeared for Interview at INS Detroit on May 16th, but, have not recvd. the Oath letter yet. We were hoping to be part of oath ceremony scheduled on June 14th in Grand Rapids.

Thanks,
Vroomy

same thing here the io said i am all set for the june21st oath in houston..i see a lot of ppl got their oath invitation last week in houston...i am still waiting. :(
i dont think 1800 number is of much use once ur case is transfered to the d.o....

vroomy said:
redink -

Did you contact the Detroit INS or some 1-800 number to find out whether your wife's oath letter has been sent ? Can you provide contact info. like phone number?

Just curious, as my wife and I also appeared for Interview at INS Detroit on May 16th, but, have not recvd. the Oath letter yet. We were hoping to be part of oath ceremony scheduled on June 14th in Grand Rapids.

Thanks,
Vroomy

We called 313 number of Detriot office. First they said there is no reason to believe both of your oaths should be scheduled on the same day. Then they checked the status and told it was actually mailed.

We requested for a duplicate and they asked us to wait... ;;;;;;;..

vroomy said:
redink -

Thanks,
Vroomy

dude how did you get the phone number to your d.o?
plz update...

redink said:
We called 313 number of Detriot office. First they said there is no reason to believe both of your oaths should be scheduled on the same day. Then they checked the status and told it was actually mailed.

We requested for a duplicate and they asked us to wait... ;;;;;;;..

field office contact for Oath ceremony

query11 said:
cool appreciate that...
Friends,

I cannot find this "field office contact for oath ceremony" in uscis site, can someone please point me or post the link?

Thank you
JP

My DO is Hartford, Can you or someone please let me know how to conact local office

Someone mentioned that it is possible to contact local office for Interview, the phone number given in the webpage is invalid. Can someone please suggest an alternate way to contact?

Thank you

JP

My father-in-law recently received his oath ceremony letter N-445 which was scheduled in Pomona, CA. A day before we were suppose to go to the ceremony we could not find the letter. By this time it was too late to call the 800 number so, we just decided to go to the ceremony the next day. I explained to the immigration agent that we had lost the letter. He told us that once we were inside the building we needed to go to the missing docs table and they would issue a replacement letter. To our surprise they let us in with out any hassle and gave him another oath letter. Hope this helps any one that is going through the same issue.

Thanks for the info

Hey lol19,

Thanks for replying to this. I am having the exact same issue. I hope I am as fortunate as you. I am pretty sure I lost form N-445 for tomorrow's oath ceromony and it is currently 1am in the morning and my meeting is at 9:30am with a 2 1/2 hour drive. I was going nuts trying to find the form and I have torn my house apart. We recently packed up our house as we are getting ready to sell and the form seems to have been misplaced. NO time to go through 30 boxes of stuff. I'll reply tomorrow once I know if they let me participate in the ceremony or not. Hopefully it will be good news. Thanks again for posting your story. It was helpful and I will quit pulling my hair out! :eek:

I would suggest that you make an infopass appointment and drive 3.5 hours to the DO to get another letter (assuming an infopass appintment can get you such a letter). 3.5 hours drive is nothing compared with this whol eoong process. And think this way - you will perhaps miss USCIS once you are a citizen and become nostalgic about every hasssle you go thru. Trust me on this. If you drive 3.5 hours and get the oath letter thsi way, this 3.5 hours will become a juicy moment in your permanent memory

You do not need a letter, if you know when the appointment is. Only your green card is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lol19,

Thanks for replying to this. I am having the exact same issue. I hope I am as fortunate as you. I am pretty sure I lost form N-445 for tomorrow's oath ceromony and it is currently 1am in the morning and my meeting is at 9:30am with a 2 1/2 hour drive. I was going nuts trying to find the form and I have torn my house apart. We recently packed up our house as we are getting ready to sell and the form seems to have been misplaced. NO time to go through 30 boxes of stuff. I'll reply tomorrow once I know if they let me participate in the ceremony or not. Hopefully it will be good news. Thanks again for posting your story. It was helpful and I will quit pulling my hair out! :eek:

Good luck! Keep us posted about how it goes in the ceremony.

I do not need a letter, if you know when the appointment is. Only your green card is required.

You need an oath letter to answer those EIGHT Yes/No questions.
You can not get oath without answering these 8 question and sign your signature

You need an oath letter to answer those EIGHT Yes/No questions.
You can not get oath without answering these 8 question and sign your signature

Filing N-445 is a 5 minute job. I did it while I waited, as well as many others on that day. Practice now http://www.ilw.com/forms/N445.pdf , but don't sign at home before you actually present to the ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator: