Lost my Green Card

gimmeshelter

Registered Users (C)
When I was at the shopping mall yesterday I lost my wallet.
This had my Green Card and Drivers License.
I have my Natz Interview on July 14, what can I do???

Go to your local Police Substation , file a report ... make sure you tell them you need it for Immigration , and it has to state that you lost you Alien Registration Card then get a InfoPass and visit you local INS .... By then make sure you got a State ID ( driver license .. )
Good luck !

gimmeshelter said:
When I was at the shopping mall yesterday I lost my wallet.
This had my Green Card and Drivers License.
I have my Natz Interview on July 14, what can I do???

Do you need to show your green card at the naturalization interview? I do not know about that. Also, have you at any time made a copy of your green card? say, when you apply for a mortgage or any other ocation? if so you can get a copy and take it with you for the interview. Also, the USCIS will have a record of your approval based on your A#.
hope this helps.

This is one of the items on the interview notice that they specifically ask that you bring to the interview.

And -- my firsthand experience is that they DO ask for it at the interview. My interviewing officer verified that the copy I submitted with the N-400 was valid.

JoeF said:
Shouldn't be necessary.
It has to be surrendered at the oath. A police report that shows that it was lost should be fine, though.

JoeF said:
Thanks for the correction. I don't have personal experience.
Still, having the police report should be a valid excuse. It may be good to get an I=551 stamp in the meantime.

Agree, if I was in this situation I would get the I-551 stamp, but I think that means you have to submit the I-90 to replace the card to get it... since the OP is less than 10 days from his / her natz. interview it is unlikely he / she will get the ASC appointment for this before then.

My missing Green Card

JoeF said:
Shouldn't be necessary.
It has to be surrendered at the oath. A police report that shows that it was lost should be fine, though.

Joe F, that was my thoughts exactly. I sent a copy with my application and if I sent in a I-90 it would be processed after my Natz Intv.
I actually got a photocopy from my employer who had a copy for their records, that should be enough, right?? :confused:
This makes sense, I think doesn't it?

Thanks very much to all who have posted!!!

Btw

I do have the I-551 stamp in my passport that is still valid as my I-751 was processed last September, so the stamp is good til September 2005.

I hope this will be enough?? :confused:

Should not be a problem if you have a police report. I know of someone who had actually never received it for five years and when she went for naturalization she gave an notarized statement that she had never received it and there was no problem. She had stamps in her passport though for all the five years.